http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ValveSrHD
Can't wait till some one mods it to marshall specs.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Wow. About time.

Very interesting amp; I'm going to recommend it to all my blues-rock oriented friends.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Wow i thought it would never come out. Looks very good value.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
wow, it only took like 2 years
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about the Valve Junior Hot Rod?

Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by greggybhoy
Meh, it's missed the boat a bit. Probably will sound okay though.

yeah, exactly. if it had come out when they said, there still weren't too many other options at a similar price (much like when the valve junior originally came out). Not so, now.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, exactly. if it had come out when they said, there still weren't too many other options at a similar price (much like when the valve junior originally came out). Not so, now.

yeah now there are the crate v series and the bugera v series and jet city all in the same price range.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
What song is buddy playing in that demo?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Wow, it sounds like sh*t in that demo. I was never a big fan of the original Valve Junior series. I would definitely be looking at a Blues Custom before thinking of this if I had to get a small to medium powered amp.
^Thats just a demo though. But you're right about it sounding sh*t. I'll have to play it when it hits the uk.

And whats the point of making a VJ with gain and reverb but no tone control? Except to use it as a reverb tank on its own
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Well that's very interesting. I don't know about how it sounds in the demo, but I guess I'll just try it when I get the chance. I was thinking about getting a small tube head in the next month(s), and I had it narrowed down to the vox night train, ac 4TV, and valve junior head. so I'll think about this, too.
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Quote by ch0
What song is buddy playing in that demo?

Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
To be honest, if you live in Britain or Ireland and want a Blues and Rock head for £300 or thereabouts, the best options are the Valvepower and the Vox AC-4 - even the Blackheart (all of which I've owned!) range. I don't think this will be a missed opportunity for anyone who has something decent already.
+1 on the valvepower, I haven't tried the others.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1 on the valvepower, I haven't tried the others.
same
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
assuming you like and are after vintage marshall tones, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Even if you don't, you should get it anyway
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
^^

^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by greggybhoy
Just get one that isn't broke
I feel harsh now but i lol'd
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
I feel harsh now but i lol'd

Should be sorted by Wednesday. Stevie at Flynn amps said that the tubes in it used to be good (I think they're called Ekrock or something - they have a white 'E' logo anyway) but they've went downhill recently. SteviE used to put them in his amps but he's moved on to Groove Tubes now. According to him, tube standards are at an all time low at the moment

Sorry to threadjack, but when I was there, one of John from the Fratellis amps was in for some work. Maroon snakeskin anyone? It was very nice actualy

I asked Stevie about recovering my VP head in the same tolex as my AC4 cab and he reckoned over £100, so I said no ta! Am I alone in thinking that's a bit extortionate? I know I'm a pauper compared to his regular clients but I'm sure it could be done cheaper elsewhere - any ideas?Should be sorted by Wednesday. Stevie at Flynn amps said that the tubes in it used to be good (I think they're called Ekrock or something - they have a white 'E' logo anyway) but they've went downhill recently. Stevi used to put them in his amps but he's moved on to Groove Tubes now. According to him, tube standards are at an all time low at the moment

Sorry to threadjack, but when I was there, one of John from the Fratellis amps was in for some work. Maroon snakeskin anyone? It was very nice actualy

I asked Stevie about recovering my VP head in the same tolex as my AC4 cab and he reckoned over £100, so I said no ta! Am I alone in thinking that's a bit extortionate? I know I'm a pauper compared to his regular clients but I'm sure it could be done cheaper elsewhere - any ideas?
i dunno, i've never really looked into getting something recovered. i'm guessing it's not going to be that cheap, but as I said, I have no idea. martamp/mjw will build headshells, I'm sure he could do retolexing too, but I don't know if it'd be any cheaper than that. EDIT: I think my VP has JJs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the prices look very interesting for it. I might have to buy the head and a decent cab.
Quote by Mutmoo
I think the prices look very interesting for it. I might have to buy the head and a decent cab.

The Valve Junior cab is a great cab, it's built like a tank and the Eminence is pretty nice in it. I just think that the Senior sounds a bit gash. Maybe a better demo would do it justice but it really is a bit late in the day for this amp.
yeah, it's hard to beat the VJ cab for the price. Or at least, the price it used to be a while back (£60).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
will be getting eventually.
Would it be better for me to purchase the combo version or the head + cab?
Quote by Mutmoo
Would it be better for me to purchase the combo version or the head + cab?

It all depends. If you keep your Blues Junior, I would look into the head and cab for the extra versatility. It would probably make a pretty sweet a/b with the Blues Junior, but to be honest, I can't see this amp being much better than what you have.
Quote by greggybhoy
It all depends. If you keep your Blues Junior, I would look into the head and cab for the extra versatility. It would probably make a pretty sweet a/b with the Blues Junior, but to be honest, I can't see this amp being much better than what you have.

It's not to be better, it's to run a/b. I'd use the Blues Junior for more trebley tones (Bass 4, Mids 10, Treble 8.5) and the Valve Senior for bassier tones (Bass 10, Mids 10, Treble 3).
Quote by Mutmoo
It's not to be better, it's to run a/b. I'd use the Blues Junior for more trebley tones (Bass 4, Mids 10, Treble 8.5) and the Valve Senior for bassier tones (Bass 10, Mids 10, Treble 3).

Cool. That would sound pretty nice...
Quote by greggybhoy
Cool. That would sound pretty nice...

And the price is right. Now I just need to make some space.........
Quote by Mutmoo
Oh really? I wasn't too sure. How's the bass response with it?

it's pretty warm and mellow... i guess it depends on what you mean by bass response. it does like more vintage tones than more modern ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some on on ppwatt has one and is tracing a schematic, so we should have mods pretty soon, he's thinking about blackfacing it.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by Dave_Mc
I think my VP has JJs.

Yeah it says that they do on the website.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
yeah, i looked through the grille to check, hard to make out on some of them, but i think they say JJ.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?