I have a Peavey Triumph 120W all tube 1x12 and when I turn the post say to 2 adn my pre to about 9 or te n with some metal settings on it, it gets super hot feedback, like if I stop it ll start ringing.

Is this normal for tube amps?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
get farther away from the amp and face away from it, if that doesnt help then just learn to turn your volume down every time you stop playing.
This is a G chord....i used to be in a cranberries tribute band.
tube amps - no.
peaveys - yes.

its something a noise gate can cure - run a gate as the first thing in your signal chain after your guitar output and keep the threshold/attack or what be it as low as it needs to be. this will allow so that when almost no signal is going into it, it'll close and not allow any signal through. this will still allow healthy and pleasing feedback to occure naturally, but as soon as you mute the strings no signal will pass through. if you have the money and want to take it a step further, you can pop a noise surpresser in the effects loop and be virtually noiseless (feedback and hum will both be gone.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Quote by iheartmy7
tube amps - no.
peaveys - yes.

its something a noise gate can cure - run a gate as the first thing in your signal chain after your guitar output and keep the threshold/attack or what be it as low as it needs to be. this will allow so that when almost no signal is going into it, it'll close and not allow any signal through. this will still allow healthy and pleasing feedback to occure naturally, but as soon as you mute the strings no signal will pass through. if you have the money and want to take it a step further, you can pop a noise surpresser in the effects loop and be virtually noiseless (feedback and hum will both be gone.

TS could get a Boss or ISP DEcimater G string. they have a loop and an guitar and amp input/output.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
i just use the MXR gate in front of the amp and its beyond all i need. yeah the amps still hum a bit at high volumes when i'm not playing, but its just your standard hum. its the kind that if its humming loud enough to be a nusance, you're ears wont be able to detect it because of the hearing damage from operating volume.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?