I have about £900 to spend on a new guitar, with which i shall be playing metal (Classic/Thrash/a little bit of Nu) and prog, so it needs to be distortion orientated but relatively versatile. The ones that are appealing to me the most (I can change the pickups if i feel it necessary to do so)

Choice 1 U.S Strat (modded with duncans to become 'more metal')

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=75235

Choice 2 Dean Razorback *raises flameshield pre-emptively*

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=76201

Choice 3 Ibanez RG1570L

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=7048

Bear in mind my choice is limited due to my left-handedness and the lack of choice in the area around my uni, so if you do offer any suggestions, i need a site or an easily accessable place to get hold of it

Thank you in advance
Ibanez without a shadow of a doubt

oh and duncans are shit, get bare knuckle pickups/ DiMarzio
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
ibanez
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Ibanez.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I recommend looking into Schecter. They have a wide variety of guitars, priced similar to Dean and Ibanez, available in lefty.
I have a Schecter C-1 Classic and it's sweet, the feel of a strat with the response of a les paul, tone somewhere in between.
I would have to vote Ibanez.

EDIT: I have played a few Schecters before, I've had some that impressed me a lot and others that were simply "meh". The ones that impressed me, were mainly the seven strings.
Last edited by Insanity 101 at Oct 25, 2009,
go for the ibanez its better the neck on the razorbacks are sorda weird and i own that one in right handed and i have 2 ibanez s series and i like them more
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Ibanez - by far. Razorbacks aren't as good, and Strats aren't too 'metal' by default, even with duncans. Best thing to have if you're gonna get a strat is a fat strat, but each to their own.

Can I recommend a guitar? I think you'd fall in love with a Washburn X50 - great guitars, good price, excellent build quality.
Quote by gnurph
I recommend looking into Schecter. They have a wide variety of guitars, priced similar to Dean and Ibanez, available in lefty.
I have a Schecter C-1 Classic and it's sweet, the feel of a strat with the response of a les paul, tone somewhere in between.

^ trust me man, go with the schecter. just do it and they have lefties and you get alotta bang for your buck
Ibanez without a doubt, honestly. I can't even begin to think of metal on a strat... that's just awkward.

Plus, my friend got the Dean, and within a week was complaining.