A guy gave me a Seymour Duncan Distortion pup that's had its leads cut. I know I can splice some wires on, but that usually doesn't work very well. Is there any way to replace the wire at the points they're soldered onto the pickup winding?

I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Yes, there is. It's a very delicate operation. I don't recomend you do it yourself. I've done this very same operation for 4 or 5 users of the GB&C for just postal cost. If you trust me, great. If not, good luck with it. You might be able to find a "tech" who'll do it, but I don't imagine it'd be cheap.
Well your only options are to either solder longer wires on to the existing short lead, or open the pup up and desolder all the old connections and solder new leads in place.
Just take the cover off, you may or may not have to undo any tape wrapped around the coils, and find where the leads connect. Obviously you don't have to do this but it wouldn't hurt to use the same colors to make it easier to work with in the future.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Solder another wire of about the same gauge and use use a small piece of heatshrink tubing over the connection.
I'd go with the Jim option. He knows what he's doing. and you can't beat the price...
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by Invader Jim
Yes, there is. It's a very delicate operation. I don't recomend you do it yourself. I've done this very same operation for 4 or 5 users of the GB&C for just postal cost. If you trust me, great. If not, good luck with it. You might be able to find a "tech" who'll do it, but I don't imagine it'd be cheap.
Stop doing this, dammit! Your time and skills are worth something. Don't give them away fo free.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm certainly not in any fear for losing my free pickup, but I know you're trustworthy, Jim. Thanks! I'll PM you.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer