basically, deathcore is over-simplified slam-death with breakdowns. it frequently features stupidly low-tuned guitars and basses, cupping of the mic when attempting growls, and at least one member with a very large beard.
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Slam's all about groove though where deathcore is all about melodeath riffing and open note (mostly) breakdowns.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
F#|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-0-0-0-0-0-------0-0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0------------------------------|
E|-0-0-0-0-0-------0-0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0------------------------------|
A|-0-0-0-0-0-------0-0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-0------------------------------|
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Monolith295
Slam's all about groove though where deathcore is all about melodeath riffing and open note (mostly) breakdowns.

well if youre talking about as blood runs black, yah...but not really. as said above, its more like open string chuggy wugg wuggs.
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

well, deathcore sucks, and death metal doesn't.

But seriously, deathcore has slamtastic breakdows. Death metal doesn't. Slamtastic isn't a good thing. Deathcore is related to "hardcore" which is used to mean hardcore punk but somehow became very screamo-esque.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by sound-byte
well if youre talking about as blood runs black, yah...but not really. as said above, its more like open string chuggy wugg wuggs.

Most of what I've heard is a lot like Job for a Cowboy covering the Blcak Dahlia Murder, but yeah, there are some that do mostly chugging.

edit: DEATHCORE DOES NOT SLAM! THE TWO GENRES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. some deathcore bands do have occasional slams (Despised Icon) but most do not.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Oct 25, 2009,
Bring Me The Horizon is considered deathcore (I THINK) where as Amon Amarth is a good example of death metal, viking metal to be specific, I believe. Compare those two and you'll understand the differences.

And it makes me mad that everyone is like "omgz its got core on so it sux breckdown blah blah gey blah blah." I'm not really a fan of deathcore, but some bads have some really cool sounding stuff. It's like the same thing with metalcore.
Amon Amarth are Melodeath, not Death Metal. They are also not Viking Metal.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Monolith-were just saying that the music is similar to slam death.
and tatar salad, bmth are metalcore, but one of their cds is more deathcore. and aman amorth are melodeath with viking lyrics, not viking metal
EDIT: dammit, too late

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Last edited by sound-byte at Oct 25, 2009,
Death metal- technically advanced, good vocals, if there are breakdowns then they're good
Deathcore- shit vocals, chugging, bad breakdowns, fringes, beards, fringes
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
^ya, pretty much that.

the funny thing is that almost no deathcore bands will actually admit to being deathcore. ie. suicide silence claims they are 'death metal with grooves.' and that 'were a death metal band, and were ****ing heavy'. rofl

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

listen to the doom album of job for a cowboy if you wanna hear deathcore... and for death metal listen to the newer stuff...... im into all metal and love both the styles... and most of the ppl here dont understand a thing about genre anyway... but it is true that deathcore has breakdowns but most 'core' music does.... whitechapel is a really awesome deathcore band
well its almost like there's 2 kinds of deathcore. like doom, its more hardcore influenced death metal. but with like suicide silence, its just chuggs, and not really and kind of melodic riffing.

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Quote by Serial 177
listen to the doom album of job for a cowboy if you wanna hear deathcore... and for death metal listen to the newer stuff...... im into all metal and love both the styles... and most of the ppl here dont understand a thing about genre anyway... but it is true that deathcore has breakdowns but most 'core' music does.... whitechapel is a really awesome deathcore band

Cool use of ellipses...
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand