Page 1 of 2
I mean, I watched it and whilst it's good, I can't see why it's so popular it's practically a cult.

Any ideas?
You can't see it, because you've been watching TV that's been influenced by them all your life, and don;t get how groundbreaking it was when it was new.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I mean, I watched it and whilst it's good, I can't see why it's so popular it's practically a cult.

Any ideas?

watch it while forgetting about most things you've seen.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Because they were innovative at the time. They said naughty words and broke the fourth wall and stuff like that. Also they're still a unique entity in the comedy world, though, I'll admit, they aren't the funniest thing I've ever seen, but they're still extremely influential and funny.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I haven't seen it so, I win!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by archangels666
Depends on what you watched.

Holy Grail is bloody hilarious simply because it's one of those movies that you can make a reference to in almost any situation.

true. my o chem professor works it a lot into his lectures. it's awesome.
Go Veg.
Life of Bryan was a great satire and given the context in which they were first released, it makes a lot more sense than now. Weird to think what the comedy world would have been like without them.
monty python and the holy grail is amazing its just a flesh wound your missing an arm
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
It's absurdly funny. And it's original in so many ways. There were other comedy troops before them, in a similar vein, but they didn't gel and hit the collective funnybone the way Python did. I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl many years ago and it remains one of those highlights you never forget.
Its not funny its just stupid, look at the slew of terrible shows it gave birth too.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Previous to Python, comedy was dumbed down idiots. It is a bit overhyped, a bit cultish and also a bit pretentious. But as someone said, if you saw it in the 70s it would have been amazing.

Teenage kids like to associate themselves with 'intelligent' art like prog rock and intellectual comedy even though they might be thick as a brick themselves.
Last edited by Dhalzim at Oct 25, 2009,
Because if you dont find it funny you face banishment from the pit. Other than that I dont know either.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Any ideas?

Some people love the jonas brothers, some people love the rolling stones, some people love hip hop and techno.

Everyone has different opinions. Not everyone thinks the same way you do
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by Dhalzim
Previous to Python, comedy was dumbed down idiots. It is a bit overhyped, a bit cultish and also a bit pretentious. But as someone said, if you saw it in the 70s it would have been amazing.

Teenage kids like to associate themselves with 'intelligent' art like prog rock and intellectual comedy even though they might be thick as a brick themselves.

Ohhhh so that is why most Teens watch Family guy because it is a intellectual comedy
Quote by maggot9779
Because it's funny?

Same reason alot of people like Red Dwarf I guess.

I think there was a bit too much of that really. It was a great show, but they just made so many episodes it just over did it.
Quote by darkcheef
Ohhhh so that is why most Teens watch Family guy because it is a intellectual comedy

Did i say all teens?
Quote by aaciseric
I think there was a bit too much of that really. It was a great show, but they just made so many episodes it just over did it.

Of what? Python or Red Dwarf?

They did make alot of Red Dwarfs and it ended up being completely shit.
Quote by Dhalzim
Did i say all teens?

You said teenage kids, you said no amount, so I made one for you
Quote by maggot9779

Season 7 was questionable at best.
The less said about seaon 8 the better.
Quote by maggot9779

I meant Red Dwarf.
Quote by darkcheef
You said teenage kids, you said no amount, so I made one for you

Sorry the argument clinic is closed now, thank you
Maybe you aren't a Consiure of subtle British comedy..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Dhalzim
Sorry the argument clinic is closed now, thank you

Dude but I have my insurance card right here
Quote by aaciseric
I meant Red Dwarf.

Then I agree

I didn't even watch all of the last 3 episodes, that's how bad it was.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'd rather watch Trailer Park Boys...

Yeah me too.

But i guess it's you just gotta have an interest and appreciation of various different comedy styles and accept it for what it is and what it was at the time.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by MightyAl
Season 7 was questionable at best.
The less said about seaon 8 the better.
the ones with rimmer in season 7 are good.

@TS, Monty Python are funny. alot of stuff has aged badly but the life of brian is a brilliant film.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by Nexium
Yeah me too.

But i guess it's you just gotta have an interest and appreciation of various different comedy styles and accept it for what it is and what it was at the time.

What gets me is that people UNDER 21 worship MP like a religion. It's been bettered.
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
the ones with rimmer in season 7 are good.

@TS, Monty Python are funny. alot of stuff has aged badly but the life of brian is a brilliant film.

Well, OK. The Rimmer Museum was epic.
But it was about the only good thing there.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What gets me is that people UNDER 21 worship MP like a religion. It's been bettered.
I can't think of any other group of comedians that did what they did. You trollin again?

Quote by MightyAl
Well, OK. The Rimmer Museum was epic.
But it was about the only good thing there.
The JFK episode is awesome aswell. Pulling Lee harvey oswald out of the window.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Last edited by GuyWhoDoesStuff at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
I can't think of any other group of comedians that did what they did. You trollin again?

Nope, I'm serious.
Page 1 of 2