Right, so i could do with upgrading the OS on my laptop due to having 4Gb memory yet only a 32bit OS. That and the fact its Vista! I was looking at windows 7 'cause i heard it was tons better than vista, but then i wondered if its possible to install a mac os on a laptop as i couldn't afford to by a mac. After looking on Google apprently its possible.

I just wondered if anyone had done it??

If so how has it ran? is it hard to do? and if you ran into any problems?

Cheers.
Youd need drivers, which probably wouldnt exist.

Get ready for no sound, yada yada.
I know it's possible and all, but it's not totally stable. I'd say if you're less experienced you may have better luck with Linux or Windows 7.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Trust me as a person that spent nearly a month trying. It isn't worth it. Chances are it'll be buggy as hell and not everything will work.

I finally got it to work but it took me a while to figure it out. If you really want to try then check out insanelymac. It's a forum dedicated to doing this.

As for problems heres the list,

No SATA so I had to install on an IDE drive with an IDE dvd drive.
When it went into sleep mode it would freeze.
Had to replace countless drivers just to get it to boot.
Froze whenever I downloaded a dmg file.
Couldn't use a PS/2 keyboard and a USB mouse without replacing drivers.
Couldn't use both cores of my CPU without installing a bootloader.
Couldn't get drivers for my grpahics card so playback was very choppy.
It was pretty slow performance wise, way slower than XP.

that's all I can think of right now.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Oct 25, 2009,
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN - DONT SAY THE WORD MAC

You defile the forums with sheite like that

Just install windows XP, it wins over everything
Quote by Anthony1991
Just install windows 7, it wins over everything and isn't outdated.

fixed.
Go Veg.
Quote by Anthony1991
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN - DONT SAY THE WORD MAC

You defile the forums with sheite like that

Just install windows XP, it wins over everything

Am I right in saying you have 2MB of RAM, a 300Hz processor and a 1MB graphics card?
lol mac OS's always suck. No matter how good they are compared to previous mac OS's they are always so much worse than windows. Why would you want a mac anyways?
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Just get windows 7.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by kingofdudes161
lol mac OS's always suck. No matter how good they are compared to previous mac OS's they are always so much worse than windows. Why would you want a mac anyways?

I actually think the OS is good.

I just find the thing as a whole overpriced
Quote by luv090909
Am I right in saying you have 2MB of RAM, a 300Hz processor and a 1MB graphics card?

I believe you are right, sir

If windows 7 lives up to the hype about it smoking Vista, GET IT.

I actually downgraded to XP, but now wish I hadn't, for the upgrade I can't get now.
GTFO my sig
Yeah, i didn't want to get windows 7 to find out its Vista all over again. It is possible to upgrade from a 32bit os to a 64 bit os right?
I've been thinking of this too.

Only the other way around.

If I were to buy a Mac laptop, how hard would it be to switch it to XP?
I've always hated Macs OS's.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Don't bother. The modified versions of OSX to install on PC's are complete crap. It's a fluke if you can get all drivers working since there is very limited hardware support due to the fact that these distributions aren't legal. Also, many important features of OSX are disabled to accommodate PC hardware. If you want OSX, get the real thing. It's worth the money if you want a quality computer.

Quote by Angus_Junior35
I've been thinking of this too.

Only the other way around.

If I were to buy a Mac laptop, how hard would it be to switch it to XP?
I've always hated Macs OS's.

It's easy. Boot Camp guides you through the install and provides the drivers for Windows.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Don't bother. The modified versions of OSX to install on PC's are complete crap. It's a fluke if you can get all drivers working since there is very limited hardware support due to the fact that these distributions aren't legal. Also, many important features of OSX are disabled to accommodate PC hardware. If you want OSX, get the real thing. It's worth the money if you want a quality computer.

It's easy. Boot Camp guides you through the install and provides the drivers for Windows.

This man knows his stuff. Listen to him.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal