Hey Guys

Is there a way to stop your picking coming through the amp, as like a clucking at the beginning of every single bloody note!

Cheers
Use a thinner pick, or use a hard pick and instead of going straight down with the pick, just kinda graze your pick perpendicular to the string. I think Eric Johnson does it.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
Use a thinner pick, or use a hard pick and instead of going straight down with the pick, just kinda graze your pick perpendicular to the string. I think Eric Johnson does it.

I already use thin picks, like the grey dunlop ones
Get hard picks and hold them firmly, and try to only barely touch the picks tip to the strings.

Also, don't use your arm to pick the notes, use you wrist.
some amps pick this up more thna others, i've got a crate 65 that is HORRIBLE for doing this.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
A: Picking noise is a part of your tone - if you want to know what you'd sound like without any, turn down the volume, pick a note, then bring it up. Sounds wrong, yeah?
B: To make the twang less prominent, the biggest thing to focus on is your technique itself; try picking slightly closer to the neck, and adjust the angle of your pick until it sounds "right" to you.
C: Your tone has something to do with it - less highs, more mids, to whatever extent. And whisper it, but a bit more gain can actually help here.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Oct 25, 2009,
In terms of equipment, the D'Andrea Pro Plec picks help minimize this noise. I've used them and they are great picks, beautiful actually but I ended up switching to something else cause they were too dark sounding for me because of that. Could give them a shot though and see if thats what you're looking for.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
It's all in your hands bro. Practice till you get the kind of sound you want.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
maybe pick a little lighter? thats all i can think of. my amp was doing this a few minutes ago. try cutting down the volume on yur guitar's controls a tad. that helps a bit.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Is it the fast noise that you hear when picking alot of single notes in a row? Like you hear on some records?

You can't stop that, thats normal.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
You could muddy up your sound a little bit...

Like, use the neck pickup and roll down the tone a bit.