Has an artist ever said that a cover of their song is better than their own?

Page 1 of 4
I'm sure they have, but I can't remember who it was.. also, does anyone prefer a particular cover to the original?
Yup, Trent Reznor sid it. Also Bob Dylan after listening to Hendrix version of All Along The Watchtower.
I think Bob Dylan said that about 'All Along the Watchtower' When Hendrix covered it.

/\ Damn you.
i like the RATM cover album more then most of their respective songs
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
bob dylan did. he said hendrix' cover of "all along the watchtower" was much better than the original.
Quote by Genghis_khan
Yup, Trent Reznor sid it. Also Bob Dylan after listening to Hendrix version of All Along The Watchtower.

That's it! Thanks, that was annoying me so much lol
Alberto Ginastera really liked ELP's version of his piece "Toccata". Bob Dylan also liked Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower" and even started playing it more like Hendrix did.
I read somewhere (I think it was wikipedia) that Depeche Mode prefered Failure's cover of "Enjoy the Silence" than their own (and original) version.

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Black Sabbath said The Dickies cover of paranoid was much better...i might have taken that out of context though...
you decide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvrK5Msqto

bad recording
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Well, Bob Dylan once said that Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower was better than his own.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Quote by DempseyPunk
Black Sabbath said The Dickies cover of paranoid was much better...i might have taken that out of context though...
you decide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvrK5Msqto

bad recording

That's such a poopie cover. Who in Black Sabbath said it was better? His voice is so annoying.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Bob Dylan once said Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower was better than his.
YNWA
i heard somewhere that dylan liked hendrix's cover of all along the watchtower better than his own version
i heard somewhere that dylan liked hendrix's cover of all along the watchtower better than his own version

I herd Herndix se sumt1ng bout this guy called Dillian, how he was a bet0r w4tchtower guardsman.
-no sig-
Not necessarily better, but Paul loved Hendrix's cover of Sgt. Pepper
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Alot of people say Hendrix's cover of All Along The Watchtower was better than the original, even Bob Dylan said that I think
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
eventually I'm gonna cover a Jonas Brothers song, if they don't admit that the one I did is better than they are just a couple of insufferable pricks.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Bob Marley didn't necessarily say it was better but he really liked Clapton's cover of I Shot the Sheriff.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Al4Project
I herd Herndix se sumt1ng bout this guy called Dillian, how he was a bet0r w4tchtower guardsman.

No, it was Bob Dylan who thought that Jimi Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was superior to the original.
YNWA
im not quite sure, but i think somewhere i heard that Bob Dylan said that Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower was better than his own

i dont know where though....
Slaughterlord said the cover of "Legion" that At The Gates did was better than their own version, if I remember correctly.
🙈 🙉 🙊
The Kinks said that they liked the Van Halen version of You Really Got Me better than theirs.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on the internet or a book that singer/songwriter Bob Dylan actually preferred Jimi Hendrix's version of his song, "All Along the Watchtower." This lead to Bob Dylan actually performing it the way that Jimi Hendrix played it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i heard somewhere that bob dylan said that jimi hendrix's cover of "all along the watchtower" was better than his own. but i could be mistaken
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by entity0009
Slaughterlord said the cover of "Legion" that At The Gates did was better than their own version, if I remember correctly.

No, you're thinking of Bob Dylan. He believed that Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was better than his.
YNWA
Maybe you guys haven't heard this yet, but i heard somewhere that dylan liked hendrix's cover of all along the watchtower better than his own version
Quote by darkcheef
Maybe you guys haven't heard this yet, but i heard somewhere that dylan liked hendrix's cover of all along the watchtower better than his own version

Yeah I think that's true. Dylan thought that Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was better than his.
YNWA
smokey robinson thought that the jackson 5's verison of "whose loving you" was better than his.

also I heard that Bob dylan thought jimi hendrix's verison of "all along the watchtower" was better than his.

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by tattyreagh
Yeah I think that's true. Dylan thought that Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was better than his.

I just can't figure out where I heard it from....
Quote by tattyreagh
No, you're thinking of Bob Dylan. He believed that Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was better than his.

i lol'd heartily
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by tattyreagh
No, it was Bob Dylan who thought that Jimi Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was superior to the original.

Really, I believe i may have been misinformed.

so let me get this straight.

Bob Dylan Believed Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower was better than his own version and had said that originally this is what he wanted it to sound like.

k i think i got it.
-no sig-
Quote by aaciseric
I think Bob Dylan said that about 'All Along the Watchtower' When Hendrix covered it.

/\ Damn you.

Yeah he gave the song to jimi after hearing the cover i believe
Page 1 of 4