Emg 81 Vs 85 In The Bridge And Emg 60 Vs 85 In The Neck HEY GUYS I WAS WONDERING WHAT PICKUPS TO GET IN MY NEW GUITAR. I WANT A NECK PICKUP THAT IS CRUNCHY AND HAS GOOD CLEANS. I WANT A BRIDGE PICKUP THAT HAS GOOD PITCH HARMONICS, HIGH OUTPUT, AND HAS HAS CRAZY DIMEBAG SCREAMS THX.
Last edited by randythegod2 at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by randythegod2
i want emgs

1. Why EMGs?
2. What amp do you have
3. Which guitar are they going into?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
are u gonna be drop tuned if not dont get emgs they loose out of harmonics that make the guitar sound much more rich in standard
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by jc349
1. Why EMGs?
2. What amp do you have

judging by the caps in OP, cos of teh br00t4lz, a line 6 and squire or jackson/dean

seriously though, why emgs? you're not really going to notice any difference with them unless you have a tube amp, well at least not enough to warrent having them anyway
Last edited by munkyRobb at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by jc349
1. Why EMGs?
2. What amp do you have

IM GETTING A LINE 6 SPIDER 4 AND MY GUITAR IS A JACKSON DXMG
Quote by randythegod2
IM GETTING A LINE 6 SPIDER 4 AND MY GUITAR IS A JACKSON DXMG

turns out i was right

theres no point getting EMGs if youre getting a spider as there'll be no difference in tone because the spider will shit all over it.
get a tube amp and a nice distortion/overdrive pedal and then get EMGs
Quote by 1jack369
if u wont dime tone get a dimebucker

Dime used a bill lawrence LX500 not a dimebucker they were just made as a tribute with simmilar specs.
Check out bill lawrence pups for dimebag sounds
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by munkyRobb
turns out i was right

theres no point getting EMGs if youre getting a spider as there'll be no difference in tone because the spider will shit all over it.

guitar noobs are so predictable...they think just cause an amp has a lot of knobs it must be awesome

but seriously what munky said was spot-on.

EDIT: just noticed the sig of the guy above me. Line 6 spider 15 watt and a boss multi FX pedal. thus FURTHER proving my point stated
Last edited by JayLacelle at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by munkyRobb
turns out i was right

+1

Don't get a Spider
Don't get new pickups. The stock pups you have will be fine. Changing pickups won't make a difference until you get a better amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by JayLacelle
guitar noobs are so predictable...they think just cause an amp has a lot of knobs it must be awesome

but seriously what munky said was spot-on.

I didnt get a spider because off all the knobs, it was because i culdnt tell the difference with sound of amps and went with cheaps ok ish soundin (at the time) amp
i now see my mistake
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
riflesndaisies, no need to defend yourself or your amp especially against someone as idiotic and a self proclaimed 'n00b' basher such as JayLacelle.
Play with what you got, make the most of it, play it hard and enjoy it. No need to be ashamed dude
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
riflesndaisies, no need to defend yourself or your amp especially against someone as idiotic and a self proclaimed 'n00b' basher such as JayLacelle.
Play with what you got, make the most of it, play it hard and enjoy it. No need to be ashamed dude

im not calling him a noob...and ok mabye i should rephrase my last post.

"most" think that just cause an amp has a lot of knobs it must be good.

but honestly i don't know who could try out a spider III and like it.
^ Well you did call him a n00b but whatever we're all biased and opinionated to what we like and prefer. I dunno I've never been a fan of Line 6 stuff like the POD's etc and the Spiders. I've always thought their modeling stuff sounded mediocre to my ears. I prefer analog pedals myself. I played an MG this past week(an older model), I think it was the 15watt version with the 10in speaker. Anyways, I thought it sounded pretty good at normal volume I was actually surprised but once you turned it up past a certain point it lost that quickly.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
munky... hillary0uz!

and i'll tell you all how people could try out a spider III and like it. i remember when those things first started to pop up, and it's all the sales reps would show the obvious noobs, in some cases i saw practically refusing to let people try another amp, all but calling these noobs stupid for NOT liking the spider! with nothing to compare it to, they think, "well, i guess it sounds like electric guitar... ?" so they drop the cash and go home not knowing any better until a friend (or UG) shows them what's out there.

it's classic "hard marketing" of a product that was meant to sell in bulk for relatively cheap... to hell with quality. it's like buying a car... in a way... car A = great quality, reliability, etc. car B = a really shity car with a nice paint job AND it's cheap! spider III's = car B... and unless you're a mechanic (or in our case, a guitarist), you won't realize your mistake until it's too late.

yes, it's partially the noobs' fault for not seeking information before hand, but the maliciousness of many sales reps in music stores across the globe are the real culprits.

case and point, i go back to the small music store in my home town after being away for years... the owner's a pretty cool cat, really knows his stuff, but there's this new kid behind the counter. i happen to be looking for a practice amp at the time (since i am traveling a lot), and the kid doesn't know i've been to this place a thousand times before, that i know the owner, etc... so i tell him i'm thinking of ordering an ht5 or possibly a hayden... and he says "follow me," and i say "you've got to be ****in' with me! i know this place, and i know either of those makers are a special order for this store," so he says, "try this NEW spider III (as opposed to all the other spider III's that were released years before... yeah) before you order one that'll take WEEKS to get here." me: "oh, you are ****in' with me." some kid that walks in a few minutes later and gets the same routine: "sweet, it's got fx!" (it was painful to watch what unfolded after i spoke to the kid's father off to the side about what a piece of shit that amp was).

...and Jay, it's easy to slam others' gear when you're sitting on a '65 twin, but i'll tell you this, i've yet to meet a guitarist that hasn't bought SOMETHING out of G.A.S. that he hasn't later regreted. i'm sure you're no different. perhaps, you've just had more time/resources to correct your mistakes than rifles has.