I posted an ad for giving guitar lessons, and left my e-mail. Three replies (that weren't spam or advertisements) came back from what seems to be 3 different people. All these people seem to have a son, none of these people live in the U.S., and they all claim their son is coming to the town on holiday for what varies between two weeks and a month.

First, this one dude seemed pretty average, so I replied to him. He didn't say until his reply back that he's from outta the states and he's sending his son etc. His reply simply asked how much it'll cost Hasn't asked for address or anything yet.

Second, which came at the same time as the first, is a guy from outta states sending his son too. I replied back, but then his reply back said there's an "associate" who owes him $3000 so he'll instruct the associate to write the check to me. Now he's asking for my address, city, zip, phone, etc. I don't think I'll reply back. Sounds pretty shady to me.

Then today a third lady sent me an e-mail with the same story, just minor differences.

Would you guys reply back to any of these?
Maybe they're all in the same family?

I would say "No, dice, hombre".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd say if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't go with it.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

yeah, those are definitely some scams.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
It's kinda like pickin' up the soap in the jailhouse showers. You're gonna get fükked!
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
damn, you caught me
Quote by The Pickle Man
You might find it hard to play because you are incredibly stupid.

Yes, becoming more physically fit will make it harder for you to move.

Quote by tragorious
im gonna rape you in your stomach anus
The second guy will kill you if you give him your address, if it was me i wouldnt go with it. But its up to you matey.
They're gonna end up going in to your house and saying a story like, they've got nowhere to live, they are poor blah blah.
Dont do it =/
nope.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I guess those "sons" are princes of nigeria.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
By son I think they mean hitman.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
very shady.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by rockingamer2
I guess those "sons" are princes of nigeria.

One of them is still waiting for the plane.

Craigslist and out of the country= SCAM
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Yeah, er...no. Don't respond to them unless you want to get murdered by Bubba.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
They're all scams.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
First rule of Craigslist: don't deal with anyone outside of your local community.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
send them back each others email.. and see what they say.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I think I'll reply back to the first two just for fun, saying I can't do it because of a family emergency, like someone's dead, and if they question me, I'll go on the whole "How dare you call me a liar when both my parents just died from fire ants!"
Ask them if they like fishsticks
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Nope. They almost got me with one of those things.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I bet the first and the third are legit. The majority of the guitar playing population is male. the ones who would want or need lessons are young male. That explains the sons. the reason they don't ask for an address is because they need to make sure you're legit too. They are being cautious. All of them being out of the states is just a coincidence. You posted it online. anyone can find it. The sons could be coming over for any reason, visiting family or whatnot. But that second one, now that is skeevy. You Gonna Get Raped. Don't deal through an associate, and don't deal with checks. Cash is much better, even if it has to be sent through the mail. I'd go with the third one, if you really want to choose one. Scammers tend to be men. If you try one, make sure you get their info too, and good luck.

That Said, I wouldn't go with any of them.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Oct 25, 2009,
Well, they are all advanced from the old, 'I'll pay you via bank transfer. Just give me your account number and branch.'
One is odd.
Two is a massive co-incidence
Three is.........
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Give them your neighbors address,

if they are brutally slaughtered, then you shouldn't reply to the other two afterwards.

Unless you hate your neighbors...
Tell them your address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC 20500.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Typical craigslist spam.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.