Well, awhile back, an Ebay user was selling a Gibson Moderne. I have gotten a particular fascination with these guitars (as ugly as they may be to the general public). But that particular Ebay seller had a Moderne that had some sort of locking tremelo!!! Its long since gone from Ebay, but I think it was some sort of kahler styled tremelo... anybody have any info on this?
I am a Stephenist
I guess it's a modded one.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
I guess it's a modded one.

Hahah that may be true, but does anybody know if there was some sort of model out from Gibson with a locking trem system?
I am a Stephenist
However, I would really like to have one of those.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
dang, that actually looks pretty good with the V headstock. Also, was it a reissue? Gibson's been doing some reissues of guitars lately with a kahler trem but no locking nut.
If it did have a stock vibrato, my guess is that it's a Kahler.
Though it likely isn't stock.
Man this is all fascinating stuff! God, what I wouldn't do for one of those guitars... but thanks everybody for the info provided!!!! I guess, go ahead and discuss the guitar or something if you want below...?
I am a Stephenist
They were the third of Gibson's new designs in 1957-8 and well before their time. The Moderne was shelved until the early eighties and they were always made with the standard tune-o-matic bridge, so that has to be a later modification. I don't find the looks unattractive at all (apart from the weird headstock) and the curve on the lower edge was clearly designed for more comfortable play while sitting than the V appears to offer. It might be time for a re-issue as a full-blown metallers axe.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x