Can someone help me choose a good metal amp for around $400. I was thinking of a Blackstar HT-5 or a B-52 112 combo but idk give me your opinions.
Silvertone Paul Stanley SUCKS
Line 6 UX1 (Pod Farm)

COOL
I haven't had any experience with blackstar but I'm a huge fan of B-52.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Do you wanna play live?
Describe your desired tone with bands?
Is a good clean terribly important to you?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Im not going to be playing live and I like a good tone such as Kse or Disturbed. I do not need a good clean tone mostly just distortion stuff.
Line 6 UX1 (Pod Farm)

COOL
If you are gigging - the B-52 AT-112 is ideal

If you are at home or college - the Blackstar is ideal.

You also have the Line 6 Flextone III, Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, Vot VT30, Randall RG-50 TC, and Line 6 Spider Valve 112. (Some of those are only availible to you within your price range on the used market)

What variations of metal are you playing? Are you happy to go used? Are you gigging or playing in a band?

edit: sorry didn't catch your last post.
Less your going to get an overdrive I'd go with the B-52.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Yea used is fine. If i was to get the blackstar then i would have to get it used anyway to fit my price range.
Line 6 UX1 (Pod Farm)

COOL
If you can find a used Peavey XXX (or maybe even a 5150) that would be great, but I've never seen them that low.

Anyway, the Blackstar is ideal for Killswitch. Maybe not quite as much preamp gain as you want for them, but certainly for Disturbed. You could always buy an overdrive pedal to add more gain if you so wish. It has plenty of tap, anyway, though.