What are some good earbuds for metal, rock, and techno? Nothing overly bassy, but I don't mind a good amount of bass. Durable as hell. Under $40.
Thanks
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
im not very educated on the subject but whatever you do dont get skull candys, not worth it
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by st.stephen
If you want audiophile quality earwear, don't use earbuds. srsly

I have bose headphones, but they're a pain to carry around. I'm not too wary on sound quality. I bought some $5 ebay fake shit, and they work fine, but they break after like a month. I want to buy something that can take a beating and sound good at the same time.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
use them bose son.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by apak
I have bose headphones, but they're a pain to carry around. I'm not too wary on sound quality. I bought some $5 ebay fake shit, and they work fine, but they break after like a month. I want to buy something that can take a beating and sound good at the same time.

If you want them to last then you need something with a little quality.

I have a pair of sony earbuds that I got for about $50 and I've had them for a year. They're dependable and they don't sound too bad. I mean they're not as nice as my Bose ones, or the Sennheiser(Can't remember how to spell it) hd580's I'm getting in a few months, but they're decent when I want to be mobile and not have to lug some big headphones around.

So check out some sony buds, but remember that you get what you pay for.
Quote by wizards?
If you want them to last then you need something with a little quality.

I have a pair of sony earbuds that I got for about $50 and I've had them for a year. They're dependable and they don't sound too bad. I mean they're not as nice as my Bose ones, or the Sennheiser(Can't remember how to spell it) hd580's I'm getting in a few months, but they're decent when I want to be mobile and not have to lug some big headphones around.

So check out some sony buds, but remember that you get what you pay for.

eh. I'm not really into the sony stuff. They're really bassy and a bit pricey.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Skull Candy. Affordable. Durable. I washed a pair and they worked fine. Sounds great with metal.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
Quote by cwl
JVC Gummys, srsly

Yeah I know... They're actually good for metal, but that's not the only stuff I listen to. Honestly, they suck for a lot of other stuff.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Save up for some bose headphones.
The quality is amazing, it's like listening to your music for the first time ever.
almost like rediscovering it.

You'll never trust any other brand again.

Quote by LesZao
The quality is amazing, it's like listening to your music for the first time ever.

I said I have bose headphones. They're freaking good but not portable.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by LesZao

Yeah, you need to look at different brands of headphones, Bose are considered the most overpriced pieces of junk to headphone enthusiasts. Not to say they don't sound good, but you can get better sounding headphones for a third of the price.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by cwl
JVC Gummys, srsly

They're the ones that are like £3 in HMV aren't they?
Quote by apak
eh. I'm not really into the sony stuff. They're really bassy and a bit pricey.

ITT: Bose user thinks Sony is bassy. Audiophile minds are blown.

Sony really has no house sound. They have bright sounding products as well as bassy products, and they have balanced-sounding products as well. But Bose is known for a house sound comprised of nothing but bloated bass and crappy treble.

If you're willing to go a little over $100, get the Phonak Audeo PFE. They're perfect in every way, and it will be the best $120 you've ever spent. I realize you don't want to go over $40, but if you get the PFE, you'll probably love them enough to be extra careful with them, making them last longer in the long run and practically paying for themselves.

...or you can be an idiot and destroy them if you so choose.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by i_don't_know
ITT: Bose user thinks Sony is bassy. Audiophile minds are blown.

Sony really has no house sound. They have bright sounding products as well as bassy products, and they have balanced-sounding products as well. But Bose is known for a house sound comprised of nothing but bloated bass and crappy treble.

If you're willing to go a little over $100, get the Phonak Audeo PFE. They're perfect in every way, and it will be the best $120 you've ever spent. I realize you don't want to go over $40, but if you get the PFE, you'll probably love them enough to be extra careful with them, making them last longer in the long run and practically paying for themselves.

...or you can be an idiot and destroy them if you so choose.

I seriously can't spend a lot. I'm pretty poor

How are sennheiser stuff?
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I have a par of those GUMY ones, they're OK.

Also they come in a range of colours if you're shallow and care about such things.
Quote by LesZao

Bose is amazing, but as the other guy said. A pain to carry, and they are very pricey.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by apak
I seriously can't spend a lot. I'm pretty poor

How are sennheiser stuff?

Depends which model you're talking about.

Honestly, in that price range you won't get anything awe-inspiring. If I were you I'd go for something highly regarded as a "fun"-sounding budget 'phone, like the Yuin PK3.
http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=5

They look cheap, but are hard to beat for $40, assuming you don't need noise isolation. The pads give a huge bass boost, so try them with and without the pads to find your preference and enjoy. If you do want noise isolation and you like bass, go for the Soundmagic PL30 (also available from head-direct), or if you want detail go for the Soundmagic PL50 (also available from head-direct, but you may have to push your budget a little).
I have a pair of creative ep-630s
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Speakers_Headphones_Mics/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=313-5525

i used to use the jvc gummies which were okay but these at least to me were a lot better. they're expensive at some places but if you order off dell they're only $20
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!