Page 1 of 2
The Purple Turtle date is on Tuesday and the band who were lending us a drum kit can no longer provide it, and the others can't... can anyone in London lend us a drum kit for the night?
shouldnt you be doing a gig right now?

4gedit: In my city?
-no sig-
Last edited by Al4Project at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by Aidy Damage
We have nowhere near that amount of money.

Just beatbox then
Quote by Aidy Damage
It was at 4pm - Hockley Hustle festival.

Daylight gigs are for pussies...

good luck at the UG Sneaky Petes gig.
-no sig-
Quote by Dhalzim
I could but it will cost you because its an expensive kit. £150.

Don't be a douche.

I would help if I had a drum kit/lived in the UK. Sorry.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
Don't be a douche.

I would help if I had a drum kit/lived in the UK. Sorry.

Dont be a douche yourself. I rent out gear and thats the rate for my kit.
It's a stupid rate- for most pro-level kits the going rate is £50. If I had any money at all I'd have done that. I was counting on the goodwill of a UG member, but oh well.
Quote by Aidy Damage
It's a stupid rate- for most pro-level kits the going rate is £50. If I had any money at all I'd have done that. I was counting on the goodwill of a UG member, but oh well.

Im not sure you know what a pro level kit is (or need one for that matter). The kit is over £2000 and i rent it out pretty frequently.
Quote by Dhalzim
Im not sure you know what a pro level kit is (or need one for that matter). The kit is over £2000 and i rent it out pretty frequently.

Well, MY kit is over 9000.
And it exists only in my head.
Well aren't you a badass Dhalzim
I wish I could help but im across the world from you Aidy
e-married to Jack (bladez)
If Dhalzim could think with his brain and not his wallet, the gig would be saved. If I had money, I'd hire a kit.
Can't you use one of the other bands'?

Just a thought
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Aidy Damage
They can't bring kits.

Well then . Sorry man. Wish I could help you.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Because they're unable to bring theirs, as I said for the 3rd time in this thread. I promised them a kit as another band had promised to bring one, and they've just dropped the bombshell that they can't.
A few months ago I suffered 3rd degree burns to my left hand, and I was unable to move it for several weeks. The doctors didn't think I'd regain movement in my hand because the burn was very, very deep. There's lots of scarring, but I can play again.
Quote by Aidy Damage
This is such a crappy situation... why does this stuff always happen to me?!

Lack of preparation? Why cant all the bands chip in to hire a kit?

I could loan you out an Drum Machine but you would need to pick it up and im in Bedford. Stick a distortion and echo pedal through it.
Quote by Dhalzim
Why cant all the bands chip in to hire a kit?

Edited so only the useful, non-twattish stuff remains.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
you could try youth centres or music shops? wish i could help.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
It's no lack of preperation at all. And we need a drum kit, not a drum machine...

You're starting to get a bit rude, to be honest. All the bands have huge travelling expenses and CM have been so financially buggered by the new record and touring that we've had to cancel our Edinburgh gig which would have cost us £750 in travel costs.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by Aidy Damage
It's no lack of preperation at all. And we need a drum kit, not a drum machine...

You're starting to get a bit rude, to be honest. All the bands have huge travelling expenses and CM have been so financially buggered by the new record and touring that we've had to cancel our Edinburgh gig which would have cost us £750 in travel costs.

..well in your opinion you can hire a kit for £50 in central london, and there is three bands probably playing so 10-12 guys. It would cost everyone £5 each .
I can't exactly go around the country in a little helicopter collecting money from every band, can I? I don't have the money to hire out, bottom line. Stop thinking with your wallet.
Why would you not have your own drum set/way of transporting it if you are a 'touring band'?

I don't really get how all of the bands on the bill don't have a drum set to use at the show.
Quote by Dhalzim
..well in your opinion you can hire a kit for £50 in central london, and there is three bands probably playing so 10-12 guys. It would cost everyone £5 each .

Stop being a douche*** and do it for UG. Do a good deed! It will make you feel like you've contributed to society for the only time in your life.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by Dhalzim

Or, you could be a champ and lend a kit. These guys have been working so hard on these gigs and now this one little problem that arised is going to set them back. I'm sure if you lend out kits all the time for that amount you could lend it out for free just once.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Honestly Dhalzim, if you've got nothing useful to say, don't say anything at all. Usually, it'd be fine, but this is a fairly serious thread and there's no reason for you to keep coming back.

Yeah I know, irony right!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CODE
Why would you not have your own drum set/way of transporting it if you are a 'touring band'?

I don't really get how all of the bands on the bill don't have a drum set to use at the show.

Because we all rely on trains for transport- it's a recession. We can't afford a car/van.

And I agree with the above- it's like offering a beggar a bed for the night for £300.
Page 1 of 2