Ok well with my current guitar that has a floyd rose system i had to order a tremolo bar and it took a while but i finally got it. Now with my old guitar without the floyd rose
I just screwed it in. But this one won't fit in what I think is where it goes, but i dont wanna mess up anything and I'll just ask here do I have to do anything different to put in a floyd rose whammy bar than a regular whammy bar?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
Ok, I did, but I sure hope I don't have to build or customize anything to get this bar in the guitar o.o
I know on my LTD 200, there was a allen head bolt that held the mounting hole for the bar on. kinda hard to describe, but if there isn't a hole with threads on the outside sticking out, you might have lost sometihng, or it might be in the body cavity.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Ok, stupid me, the tremolo bar had a little lock thing on the end I had to unscrew before i could put it in the guitar, that was it.-

BUT however i did put it in and barely used it once and the whole guitar is completely out of tune T.T I thought the floyd rose wouldn't do that?? It's too far out of tune for the little tuning knobs near the bridge to tune it so im gonna have to take it in to the shop tomorrow or something...
Quote by CrimsonSwirl
Ok, stupid me, the tremolo bar had a little lock thing on the end I had to unscrew before i could put it in the guitar, that was it.-

BUT however i did put it in and barely used it once and the whole guitar is completely out of tune T.T I thought the floyd rose wouldn't do that?? It's too far out of tune for the little tuning knobs near the bridge to tune it so im gonna have to take it in to the shop tomorrow or something...

what guitar is it? a low cost floyd rose will go out of tune fairly quickly, also if your strings are new they'll stretch. If the locking nut isn't tight enough, the strings will slip and go out of tune.

on my Alexi-200, the floyd will go out of tune if i dive it real hard, but if i give it a little jiggle it'll come back in. there's a video i uploaded on youtube where i do this.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
what guitar is it? a low cost floyd rose will go out of tune fairly quickly, also if your strings are new they'll stretch. If the locking nut isn't tight enough, the strings will slip and go out of tune.

on my Alexi-200, the floyd will go out of tune if i dive it real hard, but if i give it a little jiggle it'll come back in. there's a video i uploaded on youtube where i do this.

It's a Jackson RR3. My strings are about a month old. And uh.. I have no clue about the locking nut.
The RR3's have a pretty good trem on them, you shouldn't be experiencing any problems.

when you say go out of tune, what do you mean? all the strings pitches go flat? Perhaps your strings slipped at the nut as i suggested, did you hear any kind of "ping"??

Maybe loosen the nut and retune, then tighten it down (don't over do it! that would damage a great instrument), and try again.

also, did you do a large dive before it went out of tune? maybe you lost a spring in the back.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
There was no snap or ping. I did do a medium sized dive but nothing large. I'm normally
tuned on Drop C, and I actually think my strings went sharp a bit.. is that even possible?

EDIT: No they're flat, i mustve been tone deaf for a sec there.
Last edited by CrimsonSwirl at Oct 25, 2009,
maybe the spring tension needs to be adjusted, have you had this guitar long?

maybe pull the bar up and see if they fall back inline?
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
maybe the spring tension needs to be adjusted, have you had this guitar long?

maybe pull the bar up and see if they fall back inline?

I've only had this guitar for 2 months.

I bought it in standard, but I got it professionally set up in Drop C so I think the spring tension is alright.

I bought it used but when they looked in the back and everything they said everything was in good condition.

Pulling the bar back up did make the pitch a little higher.. didn't do too much tho.
sounds like you might just need to unlock the nut and tune it up.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Yeah, I'll probably take it in sometime tomorrow to have them do it first so I can learn next time, cuz right now I have no clue what I'm doing XD
only way to figure it out is to do it. Get the right sized allen wrench (don't use one that fits "okay", you'll strip the bolts, you'll know the one that fits). unlock the nut, set your micro tuners to about mid high, and then tune up.

alot of poeple like to use a peice of wood or something to hold the bridge at the right level with the body, and then tune.

once you get'em all close, go ahead and lock it down and micro tune i mean, your gonna want/need to tune your guitar anyway, it's not like your adjusting the truss rod or doing a full setup, plus you know you wanna use that bar
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps: