What is with all the guitar price rises recently? Is it just the economy? WHAT?
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
yea basically, just like everything else in a recession.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I'm thinking it also has to do with the increased interest in music/guitar recently, due to things like guitar being more prominent in popular culture and the Rock Band/Guitar Hero games.
The world economy is bouncing back, and as such the cost of everything will go up. Though, so will salary.

It's called inflation. The thing still has the same value, but it costs more. i.e a house in the 70s would cost like 30,000. The shittiest house you can buy these days costs at least $100,000 with most costing around $300,000ish. Yet people can still afford them. Minimum wage now is 9.25 in canada, where back then it was like 3 or 4 bucks.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
some gear has come down, the esp ltd deluxe 1000 range has come down only on the colours people dojn't really buy, the black models are still as expensive.
It's not just inflation. That's naive.

I read an article recently that was discussing the industries that have done well in the recession. One of the main points that was made was that in a recession people are likely to cut back on big things like moving house, changing car etc. but that there are other industries (perhaps surprisingly) that seem to benefit from a recession.

Cinemas generally tend to do better as this is a relatively cheap and accessible form of entertainment, also much cheaper than theatre/concerts etc.

The other main thing mentioned were electronics and instruments. People are happier to spend a bit of money on expensive electronics (iphones etc) and also are morel likely to invest in musical instruments. The amount of utility got from these products is high, compared to the cost of purchasing. They are also for long-term enjoyment and maintenance is generally inexpensive.

This may be one of the reasons why prices have gone up. In fact i asked the guy at one of my local guitar stores how they've been doing and he said that this has been one of their best years.

If you ask me the logic fits, and a journalist i was talking to about this (from Bloomberg) wrote a similar article himself and explained it out to me.

This could be the reason, or just dickish stores/manufacturers...
mainly the fact that the western currencies have taken a pounding.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
actually the canadian dollar is stronger than it has been in almost a year. Its just the goddamn americans dragging everyone else down
~Defiant~
Quote by OOgly bOObly
What is with all the guitar price rises recently?

Quote by OOgly bOObly
price rises recently?

Quote by OOgly bOObly
recently?

Quote by OOgly bOObly
recently?
Are you ****ing kidding me, the prices went up almost a year ago on Gibson and PRS guitars and just under a year ago for Fenders and ESPs.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Are you ****ing kidding me, the prices went up almost a year ago on Gibson and PRS guitars and just under a year ago for Fenders and ESPs.

But it seems that there has been another surge/rise recently
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
nope there hasn't been a surge.

actually the prices of some brands have gone down a bit recently.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
^^^^ YO I HEARD YOU LIKE JACKSONS !! ^^^^

i was thinking bout this last night, i saw a mim standard strat add for 499.99 i was like wtf, they are kidding right ? i paid 299.99 in 1995 for one brand new at sam ash.

THose ec-1000's haven't gone down they have gone up !

sam ash is just blowing out the ones those certain colors while supplies last. They used to be going for like 799.99 like 3 years ago.
Last edited by ChuggyMcBr00tlz at Oct 26, 2009,
Basically the economy is a bitch... be happy you don't live in iceland... ****ing government is destroying the country and I need more gear but cannot afford as much now.

I still doubt the ESP Custom Shop prices have anything to do with the economy. A guitar that would have been 3200US$ is now 7500US$

I was wondering about getting a ESP Custom Lefty Eight-string if the price was not too high... 10.500US$ is the price... I mean wtf?! Not exactly helpful when their moto is everybody should be able to get their guitar needs fulfilled. And 7-stringer? 9.800US$. I had a triple heart attack when I saw this.

Why the **** did prices double/triple in the custom shop within a year?
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X