to lower the string action on a Ibanez RG-120 without getting more springs? I've only got two springs on it, so the action's pretty high. Is there any other way to easily lower it?
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Open the back plate below the bridge, make sure strings are loosened or off, then tighten the screws into the body and that should lower your bridge
Check the neck bow, and try lowering the saddles on the bridge. If the bridge is being pulled forward (caused by more string pull than spring pull, which with 2 springs i wouldn't be surprised if you had) then you need to tighten the spring screws or add another spring.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Check the neck bow, and try lowering the saddles on the bridge. If the bridge is being pulled forward (caused by more string pull than spring pull, which with 2 springs i wouldn't be surprised if you had) then you need to tighten the spring screws or add another spring.

How do you lower the saddles?
And yeah I'm pretty sure that the bridge is being pulled forward.

Springs don't have anything to do with action. You may need to add another spring, and adjust the tension so the bridge is parallel, but if the neck is strait, then you adjust action with the trem posts.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by protest000
to lower the string action on a Ibanez RG-120 without getting more springs? I've only got two springs on it, so the action's pretty high. Is there any other way to easily lower it?
Thanks.

buy a better guitar?
Quote by RockinRyan13
buy a better guitar?

.........Dare I use it....?

Ahh, what the heck...

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by RockinRyan13
buy a better guitar?

fuck off if you aren't going to help.

OT: First off, make sure your using .009 gauge strings, that's what ibanez guitars are set up for. If you are, then check the neck and make sure it isn't bowed. If it is, all you need is a truss rod adjustment, which I would highly recommend getting done by someone who knows what their doing.

Adding a third spring won't do anything but make the trem unusable, which people usually do with this bridge for tuning stability. You cant adjust the height of the saddles on the FAT 10 bridge, and tightening the screws in the back wouldn't really do anything, as the bridge doesn't recess into the body... the only thing you can really do is use the right gauge strings, a truss rod adjustment, or mess around with the position of the saddles. The FAT10 bridge doesn't offer too many options, if you can't tell.
Quote by SlayingDragons
fuck off if you aren't going to help.

OT: First off, make sure your using .009 gauge strings, that's what ibanez guitars are set up for. If you are, then check the neck and make sure it isn't bowed. If it is, all you need is a truss rod adjustment, which I would highly recommend getting done by someone who knows what their doing.

Adding a third spring won't do anything but make the trem unusable, which people usually do with this bridge for tuning stability. You cant adjust the height of the saddles on the FAT 10 bridge, and tightening the screws in the back wouldn't really do anything, as the bridge doesn't recess into the body... the only thing you can really do is use the right gauge strings, a truss rod adjustment, or mess around with the position of the saddles. The FAT10 bridge doesn't offer too many options, if you can't tell.

Ahhh I thought the trem was some Edge, I need to look up the exact model next time...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦