I've been playing for about a year and I practice a lot so I'm not looking for a beginner guitar. I've only owned two guitars, so I need some help deciding what to get for a better guitar. I've played quite a bit one of my friend's Shecter Hellraisers and it was really great guitar, but I don't want to go getting that same guitar for myself without looking at some other brands. Right now I'm using a B.C. Rich Bronze Series with an EMG and a Humbucker. It's an okay guitar for the money, but I definitely want a better one. My price range is going to be around $200 - $500, but I'd also like to get a better amp too so preferably not more than $400 - $450.
P.S. I play mostly Metal and Classic Rock stuff.
Last edited by ridethekill at Oct 25, 2009,
yea I'd look into ESP LTD, The Viper is quite a solid guitar
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

+1 to both of these guys....
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Get a fender stratocaster, people will think you are so cool for not conforming to the standards of normal scene music.
Man, I'll tell you those Agile guitars look really nice for the price. But the fact that they're so cheap kind of raises my suspicion. Can anyone vouch for the quality of these guitars?
Quote by ChangeMyName
Get a fender stratocaster, people will think you are so cool for not conforming to the standards of normal scene music.

^
What do you mean by that?

Anyway, you could look into Fender, ESP, Ibanez, and PRS. They all have some kind of moderately priced guitar that I believe is worth the value myself.
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!