Hey, me and my friend need to do a project for shop, so since I love guitar, and he has some free time, we're making a guitar!

Well, not totally making it, but we're going to buy a guitar from a pawn shop, then take the electronics, neck, tuner, and bridge, and completely make our own body blank, then cutting it and piecing it all together!

We're doing a modified Bird of Prey design..

metal matt made the design I modified to the BOP, so I must give him some credit

We're going to grab some wood from woodcraft, so the specs will be...

Whatever tuners, neck, and pickups that come with the guitar. (Tuners and p'ups will be upgraded if it turns out well, and it would be great if we can find a maple neck)
A fixed bridge.
Mahogany, Basswood, or some other cool exotic wood we can find cheap
2 volume knobs
3 way switch
Either a red with black edges, or if we find a really nice piece of wood, just natural.

This build will probably go really slowly, and it's our first build, so wish me luck, and give me tips!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

the horns looks a bit too thin IMO ...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
That's the only part we thought was a bit iffy, but if it gets any fatter, it looks kind of stupid.

We're probably going to look for an extremely hard piece of wood, just to minimize the possibility of the horns snapping.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

yeah that thing's too thin to be safe. it'll be too easy to break an extremity off.
Quote by assparade69
yeah that thing's too thin to be safe. it'll be too easy to break an extremity off.

Would it really be that fragile? I baby my guitar so much it's not funny, and I know one drop would probably kill it, but I've seen many V's, ML's, and Razorbacks broken with one fall.

Should I just go and fatten it up, or keep it how it is?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

add to your order:
-3 carbon fiber rods for them horns.

should help a LITTLE bit
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blindsagacity
add to your order:
-3 carbon fiber rods for them horns.

should help a LITTLE bit

How much would they run me, and how hard would they be to install?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!

I modified the design a bit. Does it look any safer?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

That body design looks awful. And theres no point in making it, putting all the effort in, then putting it down abit to quickly and snapping it in half.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.