Hi ultimate guitar people!

Im Will, from manchester. Used to play guitar but i was horrendous as i never gave it a chance and only practiced.....who am i kidding, i didnt. The only practice i used to get was when i had my freeking lesson on a wednesday night! Since then i have realised that in order to get good at playing this wonderful instrument you HAVE TO PRACTICE RELIGIOUSLY. I now realise this and am willing to practice everyday. Always wanted to be able to play the guitar and now i have time on my hands i see it as the perfect opportunity to see what i can do. Would appreciate tips on how to get started with all the techniques etc.

Cheers

Will (aka McManus)
Its on like donkey kong!
you HAVE TO PRACTICE RELIGIOUSLY

You make it sound like a chore, Guitar's something to enjoy, just take it slowly, don't aim too high, and don't beat yourself up if you can't nail everything first time.

*Witty comment*
hey Will!!

welcome to UG

feel free to repost your intro into the First post? Want to introduce yourself and say hi? Come on in! :D

make sure you read the FAQ's and of course, the rules.

and since you're looking for tips and stuff, try looking in the Guitar Techniques forum. there is plenty of help there, just make sure to check out all of the stickied threads and look around before you ask any questions, to make sure yours hasn't already been answered.

once again, welcome man!
hope you enjoy your stay!
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
The Eyebrow - Yeah it used to be a chor to me! I was so lazy and practiced so little i never really got any better. I fell into a negative cycle and gave it up! But now im both motivated and enjoying learning the basic skills! Ive got some cool songs im working towards playing and now like picking up my guitar everyday and want to practice. Whats more i know the more i do the better i'll get, which is the exciting bit! Im much prefering teaching myself from videos and friends rather than having a teacher like i used to have. I feel so much freer to practice different things/songs. Though im sure having a teacher is good, im liking the flexibility a lot at the moment. Feel really positive about it at the mo
Its on like donkey kong!
Quote by mikko 9119
hey Will!!

welcome to UG

feel free to repost your intro into the First post? Want to introduce yourself and say hi? Come on in! :D

make sure you read the FAQ's and of course, the rules.

and since you're looking for tips and stuff, try looking in the Guitar Techniques forum. there is plenty of help there, just make sure to check out all of the stickied threads and look around before you ask any questions, to make sure yours hasn't already been answered.

once again, welcome man!
hope you enjoy your stay!

this is all good advice
from daylight...
...into darkness