I'm searching for all major and minor shapes but i simply cannot find them, if i can't find a source i shall write them all down myself.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
learn the major/minor scale patterns and some basic theory about building chords. viola.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I know the major and minor scales, i don't know the theory of building chords because i just don't understand it.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Chords are easy. The basic chord is a triad - that is made up of the root note, the third (major or minor), the fifth, and the octave. For example, C major would be made up of C natural, E natural, G natural, and another C natural whereas C minor would be C natural, E flat, G natural, and another C natural.

Alternately, you could use the root note, the fourth, the sixth, and the octave. Using C, it would be C, F, A, and C for C major and C, F, A flat, and C for C minor.

Hope that helps.
its pretty simple. If you already know the major and minor scales, then you already know the chords, and in turn you already know the arpeggios.

A major chord is 1,3,5 of the major scale. A minor chord is 1,b3,5. Play all those one at a time, and boom, arpeggio

make sure you know the CAGED system too so you can build those chords/arpeggios all over the neck.
Quote by neo14085
I know the major and minor scales, i don't know the theory of building chords because i just don't understand it.

Then go through some theory. Learn what a sus2 and sus4 are, learn 7ths, etc.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
major chord = 1st, third, and fifth note of a major scale
minor chord = 1st, third, and fifth note of a minor scale