Anybody have recommendations for a good amp, i currently have a Line 6 Spider III and it isnt working out too well. I play mostly metal and hard rock. Classic metal bands like sabbath, metallica, maiden ect.I also have a boss metal zone pedal. I dont want to spend more than $600, hope for it to be over 25w and I would prefer for it to be new.
Last edited by metalband84 at Oct 27, 2009,
I really don't want to spend more than $600, I want it to be bigger than 25w and I am in a band, we are going to begin gigging soon.
Price? I'd try a Kustom coupe if your into the rock/ classic rock. I love mine and wouln't trade it for anything.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by metalband84
Anybody have recommendations for a good amp, i currently have a Line 6 Spider III and it isnt working out too well. I play mostly metal and hard rock and I have a boss metal zone pedal.

Budget?
New vs used?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by metalband84
I really don't want to spend more than $600, I want it to be bigger than 25w and I am in a band, we are going to begin gigging soon.

6505 combo or 5150 combo on ebay
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by metalband84
what brand?

o.O errr.... Peavey

See if you can pick up a Krank Rev Jr Pro 50 within your budget... although I'm not exactly confident you'll be able to.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
peavey.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by ragingkitty
o.O errr.... Peavey

See if you can pick up a Krank Rev Jr Pro 50 within your budget... although I'm not exactly confident you'll be able to.

I got my Krank Rev Jr Pro 50 brand new for $585 USD, so it's possible.

But to be of some help... If you can't get the Krank, go with what the other guys said and look for a Peavey 5150/6505. I got my friend a deal on a 5150 head and matching cab for $600 USD. It was in great condition, and had recently been serviced by peavey for new tubes. Craigslist is full of great deals. I'd suggest looking for the combo versions also.
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
Last edited by Generak777 at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by Generak777
I got my Krank Rev Jr Pro 50 brand new for $585 USD, so it's possible.

But to be of some help... If you can't get the Krank, go with what the other guys said and look for a Peavey 5150/6505. I got my friend a deal on a 5150 head and matching cab for $600 USD. It was in great condition, and had recently been serviced by peavey for new tubes. Craigslist is full of great deals. I'd suggest looking for the combo versions also.

ah ok... I just shot off the price on Musician's Friend... which was about $99 over his budget.

Its a powerful metal amp if you can pick one up. I personally find the 6505 quite a one-trick pony.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Thanks
I have looked into the Peavys and they seem good. Obviously I want to play on them first to see how it feels. What do you guys think of the Vox Valvetronix? It says it creates a real tube amp sound, so what exactly does this mean?
Also how about the B-52 AT-112?

Thanks again for the help
Last edited by metalband84 at Oct 26, 2009,
still gonna need more specifics on what you play bro... "metal and hard rock" ain't enough. how about listing a few bands you cover?

as a general statement, yes, the B-52AT's are pretty good, and everytime i've come across them the price has been right... good value.
Quote by GrisKy
still gonna need more specifics on what you play bro... "metal and hard rock" ain't enough. how about listing a few bands you cover?

as a general statement, yes, the B-52AT's are pretty good, and everytime i've come across them the price has been right... good value.

Thanks i have had others tell me the b-52 at's are good as well as the peavy 6505s

Appreciate the help