i just bought new strings (ernie ball) for my acoustic, and the low E and A sound DEAD!!! i mean like dull beyond belief. the others sound just fine

is there a reason for this, am im checkin everything, i cant figure it out

please help!!!!!!
strange, I usually find my high e and b strings to be dull when I re-string a guitar. Just play for a few days and see what happens. after a few days my high e and b usually sound better
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Homerun Hero
i just bought new strings (ernie ball) for my acoustic, and the low E and A sound DEAD!!! i mean like dull beyond belief. the others sound just fine

is there a reason for this, am im checkin everything, i cant figure it out

please help!!!!!!

Problem detected. Solution - don't buy Ernie Ball acoustic strings.

DR Sunbeams are the way to go, trust me.
Hi Poster, Myself ive always just took a chance when purchasing strings for my acoustic and as i type my strings went last night so need other ones

I have never went for pricey strings as such as im only been learning for about a yr now
and play just in the house when the wife allows "i richt" :-)

Anyhow ive tried several different types of strings and find for £5.00 British sterling
"Jumbo Kings strings" to be the best ive had and in fact im away out later to buy 2 sets of them soon at store though they do have them on the internet
normally i go for gauge size 12 steel strung

Anyhow all to there own i say but id take the strings you got back to shop say after 2 days if they dont improve with playing ok as we all know it takes approx that to break them in.
you don't mention if the old and new strings are the same "weight" - light, extra light or medium - or whether they're the same alloy.
Quote by patticake
you don't mention if the old and new strings are the same "weight" - light, extra light or medium - or whether they're the same alloy.

my strings are 12 gauge= Med/light for my acoustic patticake , though i know u are asking the poster but ive found these best for myself, Whats your take on it Patti
CELTIC - 1st British Club To Win The European Cup In '67. Everyone A Scot. Hail! Hail!