Page 1 of 4
no need mentioning examples such as Axl Rose, everybody already hates them.

i guess Ill start.

I think Brian May, Tom Morello, Paul Gilbert, and Roger Waters would be fairly down to earth. (i know these artists are from really random genres)

conversely, I think Jim Morrisson, Eddie Vedder, and (ironically) Thom Yorke, would be fairly pompous twats.

yeah so, what do you think?
Dave Mustaine.

Funny story about one of my friends who met him at a meet and greet.
I think the guys from rise against and bad religion would be really cool.

As much as I like tool, something tells me Maynard is an ass in real life. Idk but he just seems
so particular about everything, although the rest of the band seems cool.
Steve Morse is a pretty cool guy and so is Victor Wooten.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Alex Webster is the coolest dude on the planet.
Chicken Arise, Arise Chicken, ARISE!!!!!
Last edited by Facebones at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by pwrmax
Dave Mustaine

Do you think he is or isn't a dink?

Satriani is super cool. He has fun on and off stage, but isn't overly wild
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
axl rose..... obviously

edit: didn't read OP, um I can't think of anyone
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Oct 25, 2009,
Quote by thegloaming

I think Brian May, Tom Morello, Paul Gilbert, and Roger Waters would be fairly down to earth. (i know these artists are from really random genres)

You think? Paul Gilbert is one of the nicest people alive. He'll go down in the Hall Of Fame Of Life.
Quote by xdiablox37
As much as I like tool, something tells me Maynard is an ass in real life. Idk but he just seems

Agreed. Maynard seems like one of those guys who would be a know-it-all. He may be cultured, but he doesn't have to treat everyone like they aren't equal to him
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
andrew stockdale is a prick!!!
i think zakk wylde would be pre cool
Quote by pwrmax
Dave Mustaine.

Funny story about one of my friends who met him at a meet and greet.

Do tell.

I think Marilyn Manson is a down to earth guy (yes the singer in the band). Even though he seems abit odd, I think he's pretty chill.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Quote by JacobTheMe
Random genres?

You named a bunch of rock musicians.

well, random subgenres of rock (classic rock, metal, shred)
i think flea, or most of rhcp, would be pretty cool.

also, i completely agree with TS's choices too.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by thegloaming
well, random subgenres of rock (classic rock, metal, shred)

How are they possibly random? Its what majority of UG listens to. It is to expected in this kind of thread. Please edit your original post to say "(completely anticipated musicians that have a perfectly coincidental connection to each other)."

Only then will I stop complaining.
LOL i got one that we can all agree on of being a dick imo.
YNGWIE MALMSTEEN "I'm Yngwie f'ing Malmsteen"
Quote by vampt
Do tell.

He wanted to get something signed by Mustaine but couldn't find anything Megadeth related so he just grabbed a magazine with Usher on the cover. While waiting in line Dave would just mindlessly sign whatever people wanted him to and get to the next person but once he saw the magazine he just stared at my friend with a blank face for a minute straight before saying "What the f*** is wrong with you? You expect me to sign this piece of shit?" My friend says "Yeah, I've got nothing else" and Dave says "Evidently not" after another minute of the blank stare. He wouldn't sign it, I wouldn't either but I wouldn't be a dick about it.
Quote by thegloaming
no need mentioning examples such as Axl Rose, everybody already hates them.

i guess Ill start.

conversely, I think Jim Morrisson, Eddie Vedder, and (ironically) Thom Yorke, would be fairly pompous twats.

yeah so, what do you think?

What
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by JacobTheMe
How are they possibly random? Its what majority of UG listens to. It is to expected in this kind of thread. Please edit your original post to say "(completely anticipated musicians that have a perfectly coincidental connection to each other)."

Only then will I stop complaining.

serious cat. hes ****ing serious.
Quote by pwrmax
He wanted to get something signed by Mustaine but couldn't find anything Megadeth related so he just grabbed a magazine with Usher on the cover. While waiting in line Dave would just mindlessly sign whatever people wanted him to and get to the next person but once he saw the magazine he just stared at my friend with a blank face for a minute straight before saying "What the f*** is wrong with you? You expect me to sign this piece of shit?" My friend says "Yeah, I've got nothing else" and Dave says "Evidently not" after another minute of the blank stare. He wouldn't sign it, I wouldn't either but I wouldn't be a dick about it.

i heard mustaine was actully a nice guy but if i were him i would of ripped out another page from the magazine and signed that
i feel like edge from u2 would be a cool guy.. also jack johnson, john mayer, bruce springsteen, and warren zevon seem nice.. and of course i can imagine darius rucker from hootie being one of the nicest musicians around.

on the other hand i feel like both tom delonge and kanye always strike me as complete f**kwads.

i also feel like despite being "the prince of darkness" ozzy would have a softer side to him.

wow... rereading this post i feel like it covers just about every genre of music...
From experience Slash, Eric Johnson, Billy Gibbons, Oz Noy, Roscoe Beck, the guys from Mastadon and Duff McKagan are pretty cool.

Speculation wise, I'd figure Robben Ford, John Petrucci, Allan Holdsworth BB King, Joe Bonamassa, Frank Zappa and Scott Henderson would all be pretty cool.

Also involving no formal knowledge, I think Kurt Cobain, Carlos Santana, EVH, DLR and Yngwie would be total dicks. I've heard some bad stories involving Steve Vai as well but I've also heard good ones so I don't know about him.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by LPshredder91
i feel like edge from u2 would be a cool guy.. also jack johnson, john mayer, bruce springsteen, and warren zevon seem nice.. and of course i can imagine darius rucker from hootie being one of the nicest musicians around.

on the other hand i feel like both tom delonge and kanye always strike me as complete f**kwads.

i also feel like despite being "the prince of darkness" ozzy would have a softer side to him.

wow... rereading this post i feel like it covers just about every genre of music...

John Mayer's a bit of a dick. You can tell the dude loves himself a bit too much.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by LPshredder91

Brace yourself.

>_>
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by LPshredder91

Quote by consecutive e
John Mayer's a bit of a dick. You can tell the dude loves himself a bit too much.

really? i never really saw that in him.. all i see is a guy that love life and tries to make the most of everything. hes such a good musician tho so honestly id wanna meet him whether hes an ass or not..
Move Tomrello into Cat 2 and I completely agree.

Cool guys...

Lou Reed,
Alice Cooper(somebody was gonna say it),
Meatloaf,
Brad Paisley,
Mike Mcready,
Jerry Cantrell,
Kim Thayll,
Glenn Danzig

Twats,
Chris Cornell,
Zack Wylde(but probably biased by the whole ATHF episode)
John Lennon,
Steven Tyler,
The Eagles.

Confirmed reports are:

Everclear are complete dicks.

Steven Tyler is a really cool nice guy, and a Foodie, but he seems like a dick which is why he's on my list.

Johnny Hickman from Cracker is appareently a reallly nice guy.

Roger Clyne from the Refreshments is a really cool dude.

Def Lepard are some really really nice guys I know for a Fact!!! I met them after an hour and a half Meet and Greet, They actually came up to me as I was slowly picking out "When the Saints go Marching In" on a used Washburn acoustic behind the Techs counter. One of the Guitarists and the bassist and I talked music for about 5 minutes. Then later that night at the show they actually noodled "Saints" while the roadies were fixing a problem during the set. Not a big fan of the Music but a big fan of the Band.
Quote by mmolteratx
From experience Slash, Eric Johnson, Billy Gibbons, Oz Noy, Roscoe Beck, the guys from Mastadon and Duff McKagan are pretty cool.

Speculation wise, I'd figure Robben Ford, John Petrucci, Allan Holdsworth BB King, Joe Bonamassa, Frank Zappa and Scott Henderson would all be pretty cool.

Also involving no formal knowledge, I think Kurt Cobain, Carlos Santana, EVH, DLR and Yngwie would be total dicks. I've heard some bad stories involving Steve Vai as well but I've also heard good ones so I don't know about him.

After reading Cobain's bio it seems he would either be really nice or a dick... depended on the day/high/withdrawls/self loathing it seems. Los Lobos are pretty cool guys, and was Eric Johnson as awesome in real life as I think he is.
I feel like if I tried talking to Slash, he'd forget what I said after a couple seconds and just smirk.

I'd Ozzy would be a dick, but apparently, he isn't.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
most bands from the 90's pop punk era would probably be pretty cool. that whole era of music was just friendly.
i think Dave Mustaine would be a dick in person
Quote by SmoothTrooper
i wake up every morning with a stiffy that could dent an Oldsmobile...and i know that everything is a-ok.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Maybe we should have some kind of naked UG get together...

Imagine how horrifying that would be
Quote by hankscorpio
After reading Cobain's bio it seems he would either be really nice or a dick... depended on the day/high/withdrawls/self loathing it seems. Los Lobos are pretty cool guys, and was Eric Johnson as awesome in real life as I think he is.

He's quiet. A bunch of guys I know are friends with him and they say he's just like he was when I met him.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

I heard Kurt Cobain was a really cool guy, but his mind was obviously gone.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by elekguit
I heard Kurt Cobain was a really cool guy, but his mind was obviously gone.

Yeah, I heard he was very distant and introverted you know, his head was in the clouds.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yeah, I heard he was very distant and introverted you know, his head was in the clouds.

And all over the floor and walls.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Koshman32
Agreed. Maynard seems like one of those guys who would be a know-it-all. He may be cultured, but he doesn't have to treat everyone like they aren't equal to him

Tool's music just drips of self-importance.

I always imagine ska bands as being really nice guys. It just doesn't seem possible for someone who makes such upbeat music to be a douche.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by TK1
i think flea, or most of rhcp, would be pretty cool.

also, i completely agree with TS's choices too.

i feel like the drummer would be cool.

flea..sorta iffy

but i think that the singer and the guitarist would be twats.

i think that the people from Sonic Youth would be cool

Billy Corgan would totally be an ass
Cool guys: Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (in his interviews, he matches my personality, when probed about something he likes, he talks more, otherwise he's quiet.) Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Justin Pierre.

Dicks: Jack White, Zack De La Rocha

People that could go either way: Conor Oberst (I don't know what he would be like), Chuck Ragan.
I met the guitarist from Heaven Shall Burn, Alexander Dietz, in Perth this year when they opened for Trivium. He didn't really say much, but i'm not sure how good his english is. We asked for photos and he said yes, but he just seemed like he was in a real hurry to get away from us. I don't know, i always figured if you where in a band travelling to different countries you would be happy when people recognise you on the street >.>
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Page 1 of 4