I currently have an Epiphone G-310, and I am wanting to replace the nut on the guitar. But, I have no idea how to find the correct nut to replace it with, preferably a bone nut, maybe a tusq nut. The spec sheet says this guitar has a nut width of 1.68".

Could somebody provide me with a link?

Thanks,
Last edited by dyc at Oct 25, 2009,
well, reaching between your legs, you should find two.

Typical pit answer out of the way, go to stewmac.com and find one there.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
well, reaching between your legs, you should find two.

Typical pit answer out of the way, go to stewmac.com and find one there.

Exactly what I though when I read the thread title. Would have bee a lot funnier TS if you had it say "Need help finding nuts"
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I did it that way on purpose, hoping it would attract more reads and responses.
Christ. Well, at least it's better than those "Can you do..." thread titles that stop mid-sentence and tell you ****-all about the thread topic.

Anyway, a 1.68" nut is normally written in guitar building terms as 1 11/16". So, that's the size you need, though you should very carefully measure the nut you have at the moment to doulbe check this. Next you need to work out if you need a flat bottom nut or a curve-bottomed nut; on some guitars you can just look at it and tell right away, though on others it can be harder to see. Most Epi guitars use flat nuts but take a really close look to make sure. You may have to remove the existing nut to see what it has.

However to make things very simple, Graph Tech make a pre-slotted TUSQ nut that is made to fit the majority of Epiphone guitars. It should be fairly easy to find, it's usually listed in most places as the Graph Tech TUSC 1/4" slotted Epiphone nut. Well, I only know UK places that have it, but I assume shops in other countries carry it too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.