Just some things I've compiled that are really bugging me. ( everythings stock )

On the bridge pickup, at the upper end its brown ish, like almost as if the gold color has worn off, is this bad? Could it cause bad sound?

When I go to the clean channel on my amp, the Rhythm switch on my pickup selector seems to be a lot more "quiet" then the other two options, is this normal?

This thing also seems to lose its tune easier* not too bad but bad enough, is there anything that a gear scrub could do to fix this? I plan on taking the guitar in next payday to get it set up and new strings and hopefully all that'll help. Thanks.

Edit: I've just now come acrossed a bad problem: On my guitar the only time its working is when the pickup selector is on treble, not when its in the middle or rhythm. Ughhhh I hate dealing with this stuff.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
Last edited by MxPxPanic at Oct 26, 2009,
Sounds like a poor solder joint on the pickup selector switch. Should be easy enough to fix if you're handy with a soldering iron.

As for the gold wearing off the pickups, that's normal. Gold guitar bits are almost always just plated. Sweat and contact will eventually cause the plating to wear off. The only consequences of this are cosmetic. Your sound will remain unchanged.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Alright well I'm not familiar with a Soldering iron, would a music shop do it?

Man... Im mad now.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
Quote by MxPxPanic
Alright well I'm not familiar with a Soldering iron, would a music shop do it?

Man... Im mad now.

Yes they'll do it but they'll also charge twice as much as a good quality solder and soldering iron. It's much better for you to learn how to do it as it's probably one of the more basic things that every guitarist must know along with how to set up a guitar and how to play a guitar.