Do you have a specific ambition or goal in life to help others or do something that isnt directly for yourself?, i.e. not 'i want to get a job and have a family'. Do you feel you are destined to do something like help other people less fortunate than you, or help with environmental conservation?

Im interested to know because ive never considered it and been very selfish but im thinking differently now. Whats the point in existing if you cant make a change?
I always help people new to my neighborhood move in/move out. I also help with yard work.

Why? Feels good man.
If I end up being in a successful band or if I become an actor, both of which I want to be (and hopefully will be *crosses fingers ), I have a goal that I want to repay my parents for all they have done. Possibly buy them a new house for their own.
I'd like to help education in small, poor American cities like mine.

hence muh po english
I want to rescue stevie ray vaughans Lenny strat. If you know the story behind that amazing guitar it doesnt deserve to sit inside a protective glass case. THat guitar screams to be played and with stevie's older brother being a guitar player i cant believe his family sold that amazing guitar.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I do some work down here for the poor, it's a third world country so there's lots of help needed.
Just helping my community as much as I can.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Dhalzim
Do you have a specific ambition or goal in life to help others or do something that isnt directly for yourself?, i.e. not 'i want to get a job and have a family'. Do you feel you are destined to do something like help other people less fortunate than you, or help with environmental conservation?

Im interested to know because ive never considered it and been very selfish but im thinking differently now. Whats the point in existing if you cant make a change?

I wonder what possible events in the Pit could've caused that to happen.

When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Dhalzim
ive never considered it and been very selfish but im thinking differently now.

That's quite a black-and-white point of view there, that living anything but a life of philanthropy is selfish. I personally choose to work toward my (albeit changing) goals and values in life whilst being a positive, helpful and upbuilding person to those around me.

Or is that selfish of me? Hmm.
Quote by Td_Nights

He must've realized he does not want to be like us in any way, shape or form.
Quote by Td_Nights

Eh, no i meant for people who are in dire need to help them survive, deal with illness, deal with hunger or similar. Not some emo kid who doesnt have a job and recieves state benefits and tries to get freebies for his lame band.
Last edited by Dhalzim at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
If I end up being in a successful band or if I become an actor, both of which I want to be (and hopefully will be *crosses fingers ), I have a goal that I want to repay my parents for all they have done. Possibly buy them a new house for their own.

I also have the exact same goal. I also want to just make everyone I meet smile and make people feel good.

But at the same time I'm very selfish haha
Quote by Dhalzim
Eh, no i meant for people who are in dire need to help them survive, deal with illness, deal with hunger or similar. Not some emo kid who doesnt have a job and recieves state benefits and tries to get freebies for his lame band.

Well surely the solution could've been solved by an agree to where you are present at the gig in possession of a shotgun incase anything got damaged...

/sarcasm

Anywho, that issue's over, and it was a stab at fun
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I've never actually set any goal of being selfless, but i find myself always willing to help someone.
epic7734
Quote by Dhalzim

I would like to help poor musicians with good music record their music. free. I have the means, I just need some poor people and a little more time.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I used to be pretty selfish, but somewhere along the way I made a wrong turn and became really nice and helpful to others.

I find people were more grateful when I was more selfish and helped them less(now they are desensitized), which is why I'm starting to go back to my former self, who I liked more.
A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

Everything you do is selfish.

Even if you do something completely selfless, if you feel good about yourself because of it, it was selfish because you got something out of it in the end.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by the humanity

I would like to help poor musicians with good music record their music. free. I have the means, I just need some poor people and a little more time.

Pick me I'm poor!
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Quote by MyNameIsLame
A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

Everything you do is selfish.

Even if you do something completely selfless, if you feel good about yourself because of it, it was selfish because you got something out of it in the end.

It may be hard to believe this, but sometimes there isn't a rewarding feeling.

Being there for someone in pain would be an example.