I recently purchased the Line 6 spider IV 150 watt head and matching cabinet and was very pleasantly suprised by the perfomance, versatility, tone and price. For anyone open minded enough to realize that tube amp technology (which is well over 60years old now) is not the only option may be well served by considering an amp such as this. For some it may simply be a case of simple economics but for others it may actually be a sonically inspired decision. Remember, tubes did not put people on the moon, aid in the development of cutting edge medical equipment that saves countless lives everyday and so on and there is no evidence to suggest that solidstate electronics cannot be made so as to actually improve on the tone and performance of equipment that draws from some very old technology. All I am really saying is be open minded.

I think you'll be needing this real soon.

This is gonna get messy. I hope you thought about the repercussions before posting, TS.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 26, 2009,
Pennecilin didn't put people on the moon either but i'm sure people still prefer it over a shot of whiskey and a "she'll be right" like the good ol' days haha

But seriously if you like it then that's all that matters but I think it's gonna take more than your testimonial and some unrelated technological references to sway the UG flock
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Oct 26, 2009,
Congradulations.
I haven't tried out the Spider IV yet, but now I suddenly have huge expectations.

You'lle be hearing from me if I am dissapointed of coarse
Ignorance is bliss!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Oh dear...
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Maybe in the future SS technology will become good enough to completely replace tubes, but not now. And even in modelling/SS amps yours is at the low end of it, if you had bought a Line 6 Vetta or a Fractal Axe-FX and then made that decision i would be more inclined to agree with you. Go try some nice tube amps while you still have the opportunity to refund it, then you'll quickly change your mind.

The 15 and 30w Spiders are alright as practice amps but the higher ones are not, you just payed several hundred more for an amp with many superiors in it's price range.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Maybe in the future SS technology will become good enough to completely replace tubes, but not now. And even in modelling/SS amps yours is at the low end of it, if you had bought a Line 6 Vetta or a Fractal Axe-FX and then made that decision i would be more inclined to agree with you. Go try some nice tube amps while you still have the opportunity to refund it, then you'll quickly change your mind.

The 15 and 30w Spiders are alright as practice amps but the higher ones are not, you just payed several hundred more for an amp with many superiors in it's price range.

+1

I have a Vetta at the moment and it serves me well.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']+1

I have a Vetta at the moment and it serves me well.

Yeah, i was just using that as an example because though his argument wasn't bullshit per se, he was using a crap example so he didn't have the authority to make such a claim.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
yeah there fine if you want the worlds shiittest tone
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by WtrPlyr

+11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11eleven11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

You know solid states are designed to mimic the tone of tube amps... For a cheap price.

Quote by guitargod1965
Remember, tubes did not put people on the moon, aid in the development of cutting edge medical equipment that saves countless lives everyday and so on and there is no evidence to suggest that solidstate electronics cannot be made so as to actually improve on the tone and performance of equipment that draws from some very old technology. All I am really saying is be open minded.

You have just ripped this straight out of your arse and it is absolute random Bull shit ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Digital modelling can be awesome...

...Just not when you're too cheap to shelve out proper money
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
You're slagging off tubes.

Get a fcuking life.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Spiders are only really crap because they're cheap. They're as good as any tube amp that matches it for volume or wattage at that price will be, stock at least. In the same way that the Spider can't sound like that Plexi you may have been hankering after, a Valve Junior couldn't go toe to toe with a Vetta. You need put the sound of the Spiders into context when judging them. Granted, there are better modelling amps for the price, but not as much better as people make them out to be.

As for modelling/tubes, I'm considering putting my Professional Amp Fund towards an Axe-Fx. Unbelievable value for money when you think about it, and stellar tone in a more manageable form than the originals. Modelling, when done right, is unbelievably good.
ok how many of you guys have actually tried a spider and when you've got multi fx your pretty much saying **** you to a tube amp hence why SS is great when clean they stay clean even when turned up at full volume i came on here asking advise on what amp i should buy even though i pointed out that i had a digitech RP 500 which i paid good money for and some guy said get rid of it and get a valve amp that doesnt even give me the versatility as a multi FX pedal and i like my music to be the same but not sound the same on every song so for the last time what amp should i get or should i play it through a pa system please don't answer this if you have neva owned tried the rp 500 through a amp or pa thanks
Quote by bojack04
ok how many of you guys have actually tried a spider and when you've got multi fx your pretty much saying **** you to a tube amp hence why SS is great when clean they stay clean even when turned up at full volume i came on here asking advise on what amp i should buy even though i pointed out that i had a digitech RP 500 which i paid good money for and some guy said get rid of it and get a valve amp that doesnt even give me the versatility as a multi FX pedal and i like my music to be the same but not sound the same on every song so for the last time what amp should i get or should i play it through a pa system please don't answer this if you have neva owned tried the rp 500 through a amp or pa thanks

Most SS amps do the exact opposite.
is this coming from someone who has neva actually played a decent SS and try and say that to a dime bag fan who i'm pretty sure played SS quite alot
No he's right!! Solidstate amps have made loads of medical advancements! My grandad was saved by being hooked up to a Flextone!

And didnt you hear NASA are launching Vetta 3 next month to take people to the moon?