Last edited by Rubixcuba at Oct 26, 2009,
What's your overall budget? You could do a bit better than that.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
The amp is good for a beginner (or even advanced players as an everday practice amp)
neither bass is much good, but with your budget, you're probably not going to get much better.
Also, of the two, the AXL looks to be much better (not especially good, but better)
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
^ Axl actually does make good guitars for the price. A local store here carries them. They match Squier in quality for the price, but IMO they look terrible. Check the specs on it though...it's impressive for $300.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Oct 26, 2009,
Try and get a used ibanez or squier. You will get a much better quality bass if you go used.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
The amp is great, but I'd say +1 on trying to find a squier. I've heard extremely mixed things about axl, either excellent reviews or the owners hated it. Regardless, is it possible for you to try either bass at a store or something?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
amp is excellent i think (for the price lol) But you should get better bass squier or something like that
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
I would avoid bundles like that and get the orange amp you were looking at and a cheap bass. (the amps you get in the bundles are barely worth using. Believe me, I was stuck with one for over a year.) That is a very good practice amp and will make even a bad sounding bass sound ok.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I would avoid bundles like that and get the orange amp you were looking at and a cheap bass. (the amps you get in the bundles are barely worth using. Believe me, I was stuck with one for over a year.) That is a very good practice amp and will make even a bad sounding bass sound ok.

+1
The Orange will last you a long long time. Better to get that and a separate bass
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by Canadian_basser
^ I'd get the ibanez. Samick aren't notable at all, and washburn is decent. Good amp though, from what I've heard.

You serious? Samick makes awesome instruments for their price bracket.
Nope, no sig here.