Hey guys,

So i decided to probably not get a KV, and am now looking at the Phil Demmel sig.

I dont like active pups, although oi may keep them, but what would be a good combination of Seymour Duncan pickups to use?

I play mostly metal, like most of you, but i do want some nice cleans.

Mostly Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Trivium ect.

Im looking at getting:
Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 Humbucking Pickup BRIDGE
Seymour Duncan® Jazz™ SH2N Humbucking Pickup NECK

But is there better combo than that for what i want?

Also, i cant seem to find a price on the guitar in Aus, anyone know the price of it? (has to be Australian, cant be converted or anything, cause its not the same)

Any other feed back on the guitar would help, id like some negative feed back, if any?

One thing, whats it weigh like? How heavy?

Thats all, thanks.
If I got that guitar I would swap the EMGs for AHBs
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
http://musiccorner.cart.net.au/store/Jackson%20Phil%20Demmel%20Signature%20Guitar%20Red.html

Anyway if you're using the amp that's listed in your profile then I'd advise against spending all the money on the guitar and instead splitting it up 60/40 for amp and guitar respectively. You'll get a much better sounding rig although you'll have to settle for a slightly lower quality guitar.
Quote by gilly_90
If I got that guitar I would swap the EMGs for AHBs

How much better are the AHBs? And how well do they pickup 2nd fret whammy harmonics and pinch harmonics, cause right now, ive had it with my EMGs for that, they suck on it.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://musiccorner.cart.net.au/store/Jackson%20Phil%20Demmel%20Signature%20Guitar%20Red.html

Anyway if you're using the amp that's listed in your profile then I'd advise against spending all the money on the guitar and instead splitting it up 60/40 for amp and guitar respectively. You'll get a much better sounding rig although you'll have to settle for a slightly lower quality guitar.

OH **** YEAH! (about the price)

And thats not my current amp right, im borrowing something better till i get a better amp, which i have a fund with nearly $2000 in it for an amp. Im borrowing a Marshall (not MG) Valvestate amp. Its 65 watt btw. Not even touching my horrible prac amp...

So im pretty happy, i just wanna get rid of my Dean Razorback for this.

IM GOING TO STUDY! ILL CHECK AND REPLY TOMORROW! Goodnight
Last edited by maiden03 at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by maiden03
How much better are the AHBs? And how well do they pickup 2nd fret whammy harmonics and pinch harmonics, cause right now, ive had it with my EMGs for that, they suck on it.

you mentioned nice cleans and a metal sound. That's what the blackouts will get you. But you also mentioned not liking active pickups so maybe they're not for you. With the right amp and technique, there's no reason why harmonics won't sound full and strong (but that's the same with EMGs)
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think