made this for a girl i am falling in love with. im a soft guy, and i cant believe im gonna play it for her, i am falling deep . i am aiming for a heart-melting sound.

its played slowly and picked softly. its played repeatively because the song i made consists of only this riff.

e|--------2-----------0-----------3-------------3------
B|----3-----3-----2-----2-----3----3------3------3--
G|------2-----2-----2-----2-----0------0----0------0
D|--0-----------2-----------0-------------0-----------
A|-------------------------------------------------------
E|------------------------------------------------------
I assume you will sing over this ? Could you show us the lyrics or are they too personal ?
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
it sounds good. as long as she isnt some huge music theory elitist that judges things by complexity and not sound then it will be fine.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by BvH001
I assume you will sing over this ? Could you show us the lyrics or are they too personal ?

No problem. I actually thinking of using the picking riff for verses and strum D, A, and G major chords for chorus. Would love a bridge to pick to but im out of ideas, so I don't know what to do about that..

"Away"

[verse 1]
Let me take a swim into your perfect skin
Where I will begin and hopefully win
Your heart

[chorus]
Away you and I will lay
And everything will be okay
Away you and I will stay
And cherish each day

[verse 2]
Your blinding beauty is gold and I am sold
By your soul that I hold
And I radiate

[bridge]
Through every cloud in the sky above
I have fallen in love
And I will never give you up because
Your everything worth living for

[chorus]
Away you and I will lay
And everything will be okay
Away you and I will stay
And cherish each day

[verse 1/ ending verse]
Let me take a swim into your perfect skin
Where I will begin and hopefully win
Your heart
nice job man, sounds great, imo it sounds cleaner and more flowing on clean electric with a very small amount of reverb and chorus, if you have those effects and an electric guitar try it out, but don't go out and buy effect pedals just because of my opinion. if u want to make it sound less repetitive then i would suggest keeping the same chord positions in the second verse but changing the picking speed and/or pattern. such as keeping the same chord position playing it as you have it written then playing the same position quicker with a variation on the strings picked, if that makes sense, if not i can try to tab out an example for you but i suck at tabbing. nice lyrics btw, wish i could write good lyrics.
if you finger pick it will give it a softer more romantic feel as well as make you look good (imo) . if your new to finger picking it wouldnt be that hard to learn as its a fairly basic repeating riff.
Last edited by mullet_318 at Oct 27, 2009,