Hey Guys!

I'm getting a new multi fx as I don't have the money or patience to hold a decent pedalboard so I'm selling my pedals to get a multi FX. I have about £200-£250.

I've been looking at:
Boss GT-10
Zoom G9.2tt
Boss GT-8
Vox Tonelab LE

My favourite is the Zoom, and I've been offered the best deal with it. But they seem to be sold on UG/Musicrader/HC. Is the zoom the best one?
What pedals do you have???
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

What effects are you really looking for?

The issue I have with most multi effects is that they are an excercise in the most effects that can be fit into the smallest box. I find most of the units out there to be filled with substandard effects and alot of the effects are very gimmicky and not good for much at all.

If all you are looking for is a nice delay, verb, chorus, flange, phase and pitch effects I highly recommend a TC G-Major. If your looking for dist/od and wah I always say buy separate pedals wherever possible.

Oh and heres the opinionated bit we all look forward to, please dont buy any Zoom products. God I hate the sound of zoom effects digital in organic. I really hate Zoom effects!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
W/o a doubt the Zoom G9.2tt

Ive used it, it freaking rocks as a Multi Unit. You need a PHD in button-alogy to get through all the presets, but the tubes work great as drivers, and you can roll them back for a great crisp clean channel. Ive used the GT-10, ME-50, Line 6 Pod and several others, and the Zoom sounds the best, (but I must say that I have more time logged on the zoom than any of the others, my bands second Guitarist has one, so that helps).

He's gotten more compliments on his tone and effects out on the local gig scene than I can imagine. But then again, he runs it through a vintage Fender Super Reverb, so thats part of it.

Give it a go, I doubt that you will be dissapointed.

Oh and heres the opinionated bit we all look forward to, please dont buy any Zoom products. God I hate the sound of zoom effects digital in organic. I really hate Zoom effects!

Thats cool, it is an opinion after all. Have your heard or tried the G9.2tt? Give it a go, I know that a lot of folks hate the Zoom name, but this unit should not be overlooked. I've played with so many multi's that it gets old, and this one takes the cake in my book. But then again....

It is all a matter of opinion.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by nospacesallowed
So the Zoom is the best out of the Boss, Line 6 and Vox?

In my opinion, based on what I have used. Yes.

Now, let me prefece that by saying I have not used the Line 6 Pod X3 Live or the Vox Tonelab series, but I cant see you going wrong with the G9
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Not zoom, please not zoom.
I have had two and both sucked tbh
People who don't like the zoom will have probably only played the lower end ones. The one in the OP looks good to me. I'd go with that or a Line 6 Pod X3 Live.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I would get the Zoom or the Boss.

The Boss has lots of great effects but the Zoom in my opinion has better tone. The distortions on it are awesome and it has some great cleans too. I would get the Zoom. I have a Line 6 XT Live and I kind of regret not getting a Zoom. Still a good unit though.

Good luck
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/digitech-rp500--49097

I know it's slightly over your budget, but you might be surprised. A lot of people say the Digitech RP1000 is better than the Boss GT-10 especially for distortion/amp sounds. This is all opinion but I'd throw that in there anyway. The 500 is very much like the 1000 except the 1000 has a looper and a few other things... Plus more buttons, woo!

I think people have started coming around on multi-FX's and realising how tedious single pedals can be.
Ok i have the same issue and im basically deciding between the vox toneleba, zoom g9.2tt andn the rp500. I am looking for one with a good harmonizer and recording friendlyness along with a good tone.