Well, Last Thursday, I won a bid on an ESP LTD MH 401. I got the delivery today and i'm really happy with it. Here's some pics...

It's in really good condition, with only a couple of scratches and came with a hardcase. It's in the wrong tuning (for me) at the moment, so i'm going to have to wade through Youtube videos in a minute to learn how to set up the floyd.

There is only one thing that I am concerned about, and that is that the neck pickup is loose and is rocking from side to side. When I change the pickup selecter it creates a different tone on each setting so I'm guessing its working, but not set up correctly. And on the other pickup, one side is higher than the other, but im not sure whether it should be like that so any help is appreciated
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Mar 21, 2010,
Noice
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
oooooo......pretty (-)_(-)
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Beautiful color. I'm sure it will serve you well.

Its all right if the bridge pickup is a little higher, I think it's supposed to be. My guitar is like that and sounds fine.
What I mean by the pickups is that the neck pickup is wobbling from side to side, Does anybody know how to stop this? And the bridge pickup is at an angle so that it is closer to the high E string than it is to the low E string.

I'm going to be getting new strings in a minute, but I will be changing gauge so its going to be a bit harder, and while i'm here to stop myself from making a new thread abouit it; what is the difference between Wound and unwound strings?
Quote by Lr-Mtb
What I mean by the pickups is that the neck pickup is wobbling from side to side, Does anybody know how to stop this? And the bridge pickup is at an angle so that it is closer to the high E string than it is to the low E string.

I'm going to be getting new strings in a minute, but I will be changing gauge so its going to be a bit harder, and while i'm here to stop myself from making a new thread abouit it; what is the difference between Wound and unwound strings?

I have the same problem on my LTD

either you get new screw, and try to fix it (they use these little springs to keep it in place, and odds are that is outta wack)

or do what I do, and get a piece of Styrofoam and push it in place
cheap, easy, and effective
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Lr-Mtb

Your low strings (D, A, E) are wound strings. Your high strings (E, B, G) are unwound.

Wikipedia if you want more info.

Nice guitar btw, a full guitar pic from above would be nice though!

HNGD!
Thanks for all of the reply's. The strings are off at the moment because i'm changing them, but when its sorted out later i'll get a picture looking down on it; and yes, I love the colour
Hopefully somebody could explain here (or in the other thread I have just made) why the nech pickup (EMG 85) is rocking from side to side...
Thanks again!
Quote by diofan88
I have the same problem on my LTD

either you get new screw, and try to fix it (they use these little springs to keep it in place, and odds are that is outta wack)

or do what I do, and get a piece of Styrofoam and push it in place
cheap, easy, and effective

Sorry for the double post, so your saying I could get some foam, and wedge it underneath the pick up inside the cavity to keep it there?
Thanks
Damn blue guitars turn me on

Happy NGD
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
nice color and nice guitar

HNGD!!

I was about to buy this guitar in Trans Red but decided to buy a ESP Eclipse II FR which taking forever to be delivered.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Nice color. HNGD
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
You will need to take the PU adjustment screws and tighten them down so that they catch the hole in the PU.

Most likely that is why they are wobbling.

If you unscrew the pick up ring you can see whats going on in there and be able to tell what you really need to do. Styrofoam works but is a cheap fix....I would try to fix it properly beofre throwing foam in there.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Beautiful!! HNGD!!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Thanks again for the comments. It has new strings now and is in tune, but has really bad action at the moment and i'm trying to sort it out.
I new floyd's were hard to set up but this is taking ages.
I got the MH400 in that color.
I absolutely love it.
Congrats.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I've added in another picture of the front of the guitar to the original post.
The colour isn't so good, but it shows the Transparent Blue Quilted Maple finish.
Damn, that's a fine looking axe. HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Damn, that's a fine looking axe. HNGD!

Wow, you didn't tell him to remove the EMGs haha.

Hey I have this same guitar, except the red one. It is amazing, and I love it. However, I think the action on mine isn't set up right. The low strings buzz and the high strings are basically dead past like the 17th fret, very plucky and very little sustain at all. But when I raise the action to get these problems fixed, the strings are suspiciously and annoyingly high. Isn't a guitar like this supposed to be able to be set really low? I think I ended up raising them to a good 3.5-5mm, somewhere in that range. Outrageously high. Some advice on how to minimize string height while fixing the aforementioned problems would be appreciated.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
head to the sticky thread "ultimate guitar Q&A". there are good people there

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Damn, that guitar looks amazing
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Quote by The Red Comet
Wow, you didn't tell him to remove the EMGs haha.

Hey I have this same guitar, except the red one. It is amazing, and I love it. However, I think the action on mine isn't set up right. The low strings buzz and the high strings are basically dead past like the 17th fret, very plucky and very little sustain at all. But when I raise the action to get these problems fixed, the strings are suspiciously and annoyingly high. Isn't a guitar like this supposed to be able to be set really low? I think I ended up raising them to a good 3.5-5mm, somewhere in that range. Outrageously high. Some advice on how to minimize string height while fixing the aforementioned problems would be appreciated.

Strangely enough, I'm having the exact same problem, and have settled with anoying fret buzz( until I can find a way to sort it out). I love the guitar, and that is one of the only things that is anoying me about it. Hopefully we can find out how to fix it soon. (If you find out please let me know, same with me to you)
HNGD!! Looks really nice!

Is it just me or do these guitars look alot like the schecter hellraiser C-1 FR?
Nice
HNGD
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination