Ok so i already own a Jackson RR3, and i m going for a new guitar mostly for drop D tuning, and for metal (mostly riffing).

I m buying used and i have a load of offers to choose from.

-Schecter Blackjack ATX for 550Eur (with no case, but original box).

-Carvin Custom (made in USA 7 yrs ago with OFR, EMG 81/85, Sperzel locking tuners) for 450Eur (still need to ask about case/bag).

-ESP LTD KH 603 for 450Eur (with Gigbag).

-Jackson RR24 for 550Eur ( a few dings in the body, with jackson multifit case)

-ESP LTD Ex-401 for 550Eur (still need to ask about case/bag).

I REALLLY need help on this decision. Which one basically gets me the most bang for my buck? Quick replies are apreciated at this point since i ll prolly be buying sometime this week
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
1) take this to electric guitar

2) you're noting a bunch of production made guitars AND a custom for the same price? Carvin gets my vote here but I'd play it first if possible.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
You might want to get the Carvin but see its condition first, because going at only 450, its pretty cheap and might be in pretty bad shape.
I would go for the Blackjack ATX. I own one myself and love it
Quote by Aditya_ram
You might want to get the Carvin but see its condition first, because going at only 450, its pretty cheap and might be in pretty bad shape.
I would go for the Blackjack ATX. I own one myself and love it

The carvin is so cheap because 1) they aren't a big name, you can get a new custom for 1200 which'll blow any 2k+ production model out of the water and 2) they have poor resale value.

It's not a product you get for selling it on with a profit.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Schecter. Its well worth it. The carvin would be my 2nd choice, but i like the blackjacks tone. And you said you were goind for dropped tuning? Maybe look for any Ibanez? I'm borrowing a GIO, and for being a cheap peice of crap, it plays great dropped tuned.
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Quote by Slicer666
The carvin is so cheap because 1) they aren't a big name, you can get a new custom for 1200 which'll blow any 2k+ production model out of the water and 2) they have poor resale value.

It's not a product you get for selling it on with a profit.

so true. i've never owned a carvin, but I've played one and they are quality guitars. the fact that they aren't a huge brand name makes it a great choice for guitar players but not for collectors
Quote by ghiyath
so true. i've never owned a carvin, but I've played one and they are quality guitars. the fact that they aren't a huge brand name makes it a great choice for guitar players but not for collectors

I made my dream stratocaster in the custom shop builder (part from the pickups) and including case I ended up round $1350, that's dirt cheap for a custom with a (deep) dragonburst and superduper wood
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
I made my dream stratocaster in the custom shop builder (part from the pickups) and including case I ended up round $1350, that's dirt cheap for a custom with a (deep) dragonburst and superduper wood

it's such a great feeling isn't it? i have a local custom shop that made my precix guitar. They don't make copies, but they have their own original designs which can be customized just as much as the carvins. The main reason i went with the campbell american custom shop is because i've played more of their guitars (and admittedly liked their guitars more) and the shop is only 1 hour away from where i live.
Quote by ghiyath
it's such a great feeling isn't it? i have a local custom shop that made my precix guitar. They don't make copies, but they have their own original designs which can be customized just as much as the carvins. The main reason i went with the campbell american custom shop is because i've played more of their guitars (and admittedly liked their guitars more) and the shop is only 1 hour away from where i live.

Nothing quite like having a custom eh?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Nothing quite like having a custom eh?

depending on the company you use, it feels great. They usually give great customer support and you know the craftsmanship is top notch, especially with guys like carvin and campbell american. I'm getting a custom amp from a local amp tech pretty soon. I've played his demo models. he has one that's supposed to be a copy of the old Vox AC30/4 combined with the AC30 top boost. And when you hit the hi-gain channel he uses a dumble tone stack. Needless to say, it's a f***ing monster.
The carvin Custom is beautiful. Just got pics in (and it comes with original carvin hardcase thats also in perfect condition).

For 450 i think i m going for that!
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
Quote by georgakis187
The carvin Custom is beautiful. Just got pics in (and it comes with original carvin hardcase thats also in perfect condition).

For 450 i think i m going for that!

I. DEMAND. PICS.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
There ll be a NGD soon so sit tight
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
Quote by georgakis187
There ll be a NGD soon so sit tight

do you get to play it first?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
do you get to play it first?

Yeah of course. I m going to the guys house this week.

So far:
The guitar looks beautiful. The pickup rings are a bit worn but thats easy to fix. The bridge looks flawless. I ll make sure the knife edges are good.

There are two coil tap switches that are unused cause the 81/85 cant be coil tapped. The battery is in the control cavity so there was no routing done on the body.

The locking tuners are spretzels. Also in good state. There is a miniscule ding on the headstock. Its not visible in the pics, but he said it was there.

All this and the case for 450Eur. Seems like a fantastic deal. Wont know till i try it though
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
Quote by georgakis187
Yeah of course. I m going to the guys house this week.

So far:
The guitar looks beautiful. The pickup rings are a bit worn but thats easy to fix. The bridge looks flawless. I ll make sure the knife edges are good.

There are two coil tap switches that are unused cause the 81/85 cant be coil tapped. The battery is in the control cavity so there was no routing done on the body.

The locking tuners are spretzels. Also in good state. There is a miniscule ding on the headstock. Its not visible in the pics, but he said it was there.

All this and the case for 450Eur. Seems like a fantastic deal. Wont know till i try it though

That's not a deal, that's a steal
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.