hey guys

just a quick thing

my floyd rose doesnt quite seem to move as much as herman li's doesnt in this video and in other videos iv seem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFLlFKjuJP8&feature=related

does it need adjusting or am i just being to soft with it?

i have a jackson dxmg
`cos it aint a edge zero, you need to break your springs in or get some with less coil tension, you should be able to change pitch by a 4th minimum and thoeretically up to a 7th...

use you forearm muscles instead of your palm muscles to apply more strength.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 26, 2009,
i pull mine back until they hit the wood.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
The type of trem greatly matter on range. You're guitar has a Low-profile trem, The one that guitar will have a High-profile trem. High profile trems have a greater range. Pulling harder on the bar will just break it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I'd say just pull it harder. But make sure you have some good strings or are prepared to buy a lot, because my FR used to eat high e strings like you wouldnt believe. If you want to avoid that problem though you can just buy the heaviest gauge strings you can find (what i eventually ended up doing)

But yeah. Grab more towards the end of the bar, youll get better leverage. You could also try switching it around so you are pushing on it instead of pulling.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
the only bridge that I've seen that is edge zero.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Your spring tension is probably a lot stiffer than Heram Ri's......plus he has a totally diff trem than you do
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
No offense, but you're all wrong (except for srob)... Pulling it harder will do nothing but dent the wood... His guitar has a low profile trem. It can't do things that high profile trems can. It's that simple...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
One thing you can do to get more range is to either raise the bridge itself so it has more room to travel or set it up so it angles slightly forward, then you will have more room to raise your pitch.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
thats a liscensed, u could get a shim to raise the neck and fretboard to get a better pull up range.
Quote by dunkintate
thats a liscensed, u could get a shim to raise the neck and fretboard to get a better pull up range.

But if you raise the neck with a shim you will still have to raise the trem itself as if you only do the neck when you pull up with the whammy the strings will basically fret out on the frets.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
But if you raise the neck with a shim you will still have to raise the trem itself as if you only do the neck when you pull up with the whammy the strings will basically fret out on the frets.

sure it will u will if u want a decent action u raise the bridge to the new action created by the shim allowing a greater radius to pull back.
Quote by biga29
No offense, but you're all wrong (except for srob)... Pulling it harder will do nothing but dent the wood... His guitar has a low profile trem. It can't do things that high profile trems can. It's that simple...

i`m probably being a little pedantic but i mentioned spring tension 6 posts before srob, if your going to start your posts like that make sure you read ALL the posts in a thread.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
i`m probably being a little pedantic but i mentioned spring tension 6 posts before srob, if your going to start your posts like that make sure you read ALL the posts in a thread.

But it's not spring tension. (Atleast I'm pretty sure it isn't) Herman Li uses an Edge Zero. The TS's guitar has a Low-profile Jackson Licensed FR. The TS said his trem "doesn't move as much" as Li's. That's because it's a low-profile; it has a tiny range compared to an Edge Zero.

EDIT: I just watched the video again. That's definitley not spring tension. It's just that his (TS) trem doesn't have as big a range as the ZR Li is using in that video.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by dunkintate
sure it will u will if u want a decent action u raise the bridge to the new action created by the shim allowing a greater radius to pull back.

That's a lot of work when all you really need to do if you want more range is set up the trem with a little more tension thatn normal so it pull your trem forward slightly, then that gives you extra room to pull up.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ