Hey guys,

Im at my friends place playing through his Marshall MG100HDFX head and I am nailing this VH and Cliffs of Dover sound. I have it set on DLY on the effects on the head, but I feel like its mixing something else in.

I have a 5150 with phaser, comp, eq and I have the tone I want, I just want that live sound I am getting out of his head -- is this for sure delay? I want to buy a separate Delay pedal in this case... Thanks! And if it is what are some good recommedations? (I dont have a good guitar shop for miles around here)
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Quote by sixstringedmatt
Hey guys,

Im at my friends place playing through his Marshall MG100HDFX head and I am nailing this VH and Cliffs of Dover sound. I have it set on DLY on the effects on the head, but I feel like its mixing something else in.

I have a 5150 with phaser, comp, eq and I have the tone I want, I just want that live sound I am getting out of his head -- is this for sure delay? I want to buy a separate Delay pedal in this case... Thanks! And if it is what are some good recommedations? (I dont have a good guitar shop for miles around here)

What comes on the MGs for delay is hardly recognizable as delay, which may explain your confusion. To replicate it, I'd say any bad to decent digital delay can pull it off. Also worth noting; delay when turned down to shorter times is almost more like a reverb.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The marshall has a delay...as well as a chorus + delay effect...just depends on which one you're using.
Its on straight DLY. it sounds good I don't need anything fancy, just want a decent delay. I have reverb on the amp but I am not getting a good sound out of it. I want to make sure I buy the right pedal for my sound though. I also have a ME-20 laying around I could fiddle with and see which sound that has then buy the actual pedal that does it. I want to sell that ME-20 anyways...

Thanks -- im really confused here.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57