Kind people of the Pit,
(^^flattery still works... right?)

Anyways, enough with tasteless jokes.
I have a gate way computer my parents passed down to me so mess around with and I'm gonna use it in my music room. I am going to run Ubuntu on it.
I have a Line6 Toneport UX2 and am wondering if there are any emulators I can use to install the software with.
Also, is there any free recording software for Ubuntu?

I also have a Linksys USB WiFi thingy and would like to use it with Ubuntu... is this possible?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, I am a very green lunix user
well, ubuntustudio, depending on what you mean by 'recording', you can always get audacity, hydrogen for a drum machine, etc etc.

as for the wifi, just google ubuntu and the model of the wifi stick, should give you a couple places for drivers if its available.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Get Ubuntu studio, just make a disk with drivers for other things like the wifi incase first.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Nate.K

I also have a Linksys USB WiFi thingy and would like to use it with Ubuntu... is this possible?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, I am a very green lunix user
Depends what kind of wireless card you have and what version of Ubuntu you have for the wireless. I have an Atheros wireless card that came with my Toshiba, and I tried 8.04 and 8.10 and neither would find my wireless card, nothing worked. I installed 9.04 and it's the only one that the wireless would work. And if you have Intel on your computer, well, good luck with Ubuntu. It's been one headache after another with Ubuntu/Intel.