Alrighty Pit, I need a bit of help. I volunteer weekly at a soup kitchen here, feeding about 100-120 (record was 144) people a night (not a lot, I know, but it's a relatively small city). Usually, we have stuff cooked ahead of time, or the head girl there plans it out. This time, me and a friend are running it. We had ham and a bunch of stuff set aside to be used, but when we went in to start cooking it ahead of time, someone took it. Now I need ideas for stuff to cook alongside chili that uses ground beef.

TL;DR: I need to feed up to 144 people with soup kitchen supplies and ground beef. We're already making chili, so don't say that.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Who takes ham that's set aside for homeless people?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by bv310
We had ham and a bunch of stuff set aside to be used, but when we went in to start cooking it ahead of time, someone took it.

Suspect the hamburglar.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Suspect the hamburglar.

While that would explain the giant footprints, it does not particularly help my situation.

I thought about hamburger steaks or something, but I don't know if I could pull off that many at once.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by CTFOD
Who takes ham that's set aside for homeless people?

Really mean homeless "ninja" people.
Ask a local supermarket for a donation of food, we sometimes get free stuff from them for soup runs. Someone will have a heart upon hearing your story.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Just mix as many vegetables as you can find with tomato soup, add browned hamburger meat and simmer. Vegetable beef soup.

EDIT or pasta. Spaghetti?
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

yeah just get bread crumbs eggs maybe some spices bind it all together that should do? anything to go on the side with it?

or a stew?

not sure where you will get stock for 144 people but if you do fry the meat off drain the fat, fry the veg with the meat only for a little bit then just wack in the stock and boil?

Edit:not many soups use minced beef thats basicly what a stew is
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Last edited by ryand111 at Oct 26, 2009,
Please tell me you're a soup nazi.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄