So pit iv just been declined a interview for HMV even though i have worked for them in work experience have 9 GCSE's including maths and english i love music and film but yet they still decline me. it was a shitty temp job aswell

Dear Ryan

Re: hmv Role

Thank you for your recent application for the above position.

The volume of applications to our website has been very high, and the quality is of an exceptional standard. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in hmv, and to wish you well in your future career.

Yours sincerely

hmv Recruitment Team

anyone else finding it really hard to get a job even a ****ing temp job?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Yeah everybody is i think.

Ive applied for tons of places and got **** all.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
I got turned down to cover someones maternity leave in administration a few weeks back. I'm not bothered at all, it was only to get some money. I'm currently applying to the Royal Navy anywho.

Jobseeker Benefits ftw.

Edit, and my defense for being on benefits:
I have 9 GCSEs A*- C and a BTEC diploma with 180+ UCAS points so I'm not a waster
Last edited by Go Square Go! at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by Go Square Go!
I got turned down to cover someones maternity leave in administration a few weeks back. I'm not bothered at all, it was only to get some money. I'm currently applying to the Royal Navy anywho.

Jobseeker Benefits ftw.

Edit, and my defense for being on benefits:
I have 9 GCSEs A*- C and a BTEC diploma with 180+ UCAS points so I'm not a waster

i dont judge you for it you sound hard working and goodluck in the navy i was gna join the army then the RAF but all my friends were against it
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
I finally just got a Seasonal job at Chapters (book store)
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by ryand111
i dont judge you for it you sound hard working and goodluck in the navy i was gna join the army then the RAF but all my friends were against it

What was there reason for being against it? My brother and his girlfriend are against me joining, but they also accept it's always been my ambition to become a pilot in the forces (all being well, thats what I'll be going in for). My parents and my girlfriend are very supportive.

It sure beats working 9-5, monday to friday. I want a little adventure in my work.
Quote by Go Square Go!
What was there reason for being against it? My brother and his girlfriend are against me joining, but they also accept it's always been my ambition to become a pilot in the forces (all being well, thats what I'll be going in for). My parents and my girlfriend are very supportive.

It sure beats working 9-5, monday to friday. I want a little adventure in my work.

I was gna join the army but at the time i didnt have C in english so could only be in the infantary

in the end i found a course in accountancy so its all good
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
HMV don't seem to like to employ people who don't have any job experience anyway. You've just gotta apply absolutely everywhere and they may not get back to you for a few months.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
HMV don't seem to like to employ people who don't have any job experience anyway. You've just gotta apply absolutely everywhere and they may not get back to you for a few months.

Yeah but iv worked for them sure it was only two weeks but the job was so easy at the end i prettymuch did everything accept work the tills becuase i wasnt old enough
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by ryand111
Yeah but iv worked for them sure it was only two weeks but the job was so easy at the end i prettymuch did everything accept work the tills becuase i wasnt old enough

Yea work experience doesn't really count as a previous employment
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I've got a job!

That is all.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by rhysm

well what the **** is it for hmmm oh i know lets waste two weeks school time for no reason

also how can i get a job in retail without experience if i need it? hmm
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Me. Hopefully I'll get something soon though.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by ryand111
well what the **** is it for hmmm oh i know lets waste two weeks school time for no reason

also how can i get a job in retail without experience if i need it? hmm

I got my job in a bookshop through work experience in one, so it does help you get one. I only did one week of work experience, too. Maybe you're just not good enough?

HMV aren't really employing at this time anyway, they made stacks of people redundant recently, so aren't too keen on new kids to train and pay.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
I got my job in a bookshop through work experience in one, so it does help you get one. I only did one week of work experience, too. Maybe you're just not good enough?

HMV aren't really employing at this time anyway, they made stacks of people redundant recently, so aren't too keen on new kids to train and pay.

i was replying to a guy who said that work exp doesnt really count as anything
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by ryand111

It doesn't really, it's just a waste of time.

If this is your first time looking for work then just make a CV and send copies to as many employers as possible asking if they require staff etc. Fill out any neccessary application forms too.
I have a job that's awesome, pays well, and - above all - is conciderate of the fact that I'm going to uni.
I've been looking for a job for about a year....

Other than one damn interview, I haven't seen anything come out of it, which isn't good since I'm about done with my degree
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I just got a job in the busiest PC World in ireland. I win life and infinity internetz
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by ryand111
So pit iv just been declined a interview for HMV even though i have worked for them in work experience have 9 GCSE's including maths and english i love music and film but yet they still decline me. it was a shitty temp job aswell

anyone else finding it really hard to get a job even a ****ing temp job?

i know it was a temp job but you were probably over-qualified and they were looking for a person that can do any hours, meaning someone who doesnt have other commitments (educational or not)
Quote by rhysm

thats why young people are screwed
I know how that was like when I was looking for my first job I swear I filled out over a 100 applications. And no response. I eventually got lucky got a temp job and then worked hard enough to turn the temp job permanent.
Quote by michal23
I have 10 A* GCSEs. I got declined from poundland.

poundland.

You have 10 (I said 10, I didn't edit that) A* GCSE's? Nice.

I've only applied at Argos (no reply, which means no job), and i've only been looking since September. I have to go down to a Connexions office though because they said they'd help me to find something. I'm skeptical of how much they can really do but i'll give anything a shot and take any help I can get.
Last edited by aaciseric at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by ryand111

It doesn't mean jack man, sorry to break it to you but it doesn't. I did work experience in a school, doesn't mean they're going to let me be a teacher straight away.

If you want proper experience at working then you just have to apply for anything and everything that comes up, and hope you get the job. Having a decent CV helps as well.

Also to whoever made the point about employers wanting people with experience for jobs, yeah I completely agree. It's like the whole jobs which need an NVQ you have to be in social work to get an NVQ but then you can't get a social work job unless you have an NVQ and they won't even consider training you for one. It's vicious really.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by freddaahh

+1

I've worked in Retail since i left school at 16, so that's 2 and a bit years now, in arguably the busiest store in town (Primark) and i still got denied.
iv worked beforehand for 6 months as a pot washer now that was a shitty job £3.40 somethin if you can last longer that 6 months i take my hat off to you

also im only in collage 1 day a week so its not a matter of what hours

and at being declined at poundland
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl