Ive been toying with the idea of building myself a guitar. I am a CNC machinist and kind of as a project id like to make one and use the cnc for the main shape of the guitar and neck, the routing etc, but do the fine stuff by hand.

Now ive looked around, but I havnt seemed to find any information as far as dimensions..

I know there are different scale necks and with that come different fret spacings, but how far should the bridge be from the nut?, what about pickup spacing? What about different neck scales and different numbers of frets?

Im looking to make a 24 fret through neck with a hardtail bridge, in preferably the shortest scale I could squeeze out of it (i have small hands). I want to do a HSH pup configuration as well.

I dont necessarily need you to do all the work for me, rather point me in a direction

Thanks

fyi,

im looking to make it a curly tiger maple neck with red tint mahogany so 3 or 5 piece neck (havnt decided), with mahogany wings and a spalted maple top, all natural of course.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
well the length from nut to bridge IS the scale length. for instance: if the length from the nut to the 12th fret were 12", the scale length would be 24"

The pickup placement all depends on what you're looking for in tone. but usually with HSH its one hum right up against the fretboard's end, one hum just a little off from the bridge, and one SC exactly in the middle.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!