Cybernetics
54 29%
Genetics
99 54%
Neither
31 17%
Voters: 184.
Page 1 of 2
That thread Kensai made got me thinking on this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221415

Technology has been going a long way over the years. No we are on the verge of making devices that can do impossible things. Like teleport (they actually made one, google it).

Anyway, with the advancements that can be made, there are cures for diseases, robot limbs, ect. Its safe to say that someone could be improved both on cyberneticly and on a genetic level, both of which are scary as **** to think about.

Assuming that both of these enhancements are good for you in the end, which one would you want if you had the option.

just use your imagination for both of these.

Cybernetics: Damaged and lost limbs can be replaced with robot parts that especially do the same thing. Although, people may go all the way and make themselves into a complete super human robot, with super strength, gun for an arm, jet boots, ect. That or just get robot parts for them that can also be used as weapons or anything else as a luxury.

Genetics: Improvements made on a genetic level. So in somewhat of a natural way you are stronger than any human. The possibilities for what you can do to yourself are endless. Though in that sense you are no longer human.

Neither: Just be a plain human.

So yeah, what would you be an why?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Last edited by RazorTheAwesome at Oct 26, 2009,
I was watching a program on discovery where they manage to isolate the gene that controls ageing and then removed it from some worms. These worms aged at 1/7 of the speed and then died and 7 times the normal age. In theory we can to this to humans to allow us to live to 500 or even more!
Quote by stephen_rettie
lol wut?

link plz

IIRC, a photon has been successfully teleported. No matter as yet.
your just ****ed
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
Neither. Keep your hands off of me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'd genetically enhance my penis so that I could tap people walking in front of me on the shoulder with it.

I have to sort of jump and flick at the moment, most inconvenient.

I'd be a ZOID...RAWWWW
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Probably cybernetics. Either would be awesome though. Both would be ideal.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Genetics all the way. So far organic material is way more adaptable than metal.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
I'd be a Genetically modified person.

If I'm correct I'd be able to have eternal life if I don't end up killed.
DeVillains!
only for the .0001% of people of this planet if you ask me.

who the **** is going to be able to afford this shit, only rich bastards.

there will be a split or a fork in the road when in comes to our evolution, maybe we can go seperate ways. those of us who can afford this sht, and those of us who are left behind.
Honestly, neither would be a good road to travel. I see no real benefit to being able to jump 10 feet or crush a car. Aside from disease prevention, there really isn't any benefit to either. It can only make things more difficult for others.
genetics all the way. I'd look natural and feel super strong and such.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I'd choose cybernetics only because i can't have both.
Bad Taste: awesomest of all movies,

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
Quote by captaincrunk
Honestly, neither would be a good road to travel. I see no real benefit to being able to jump 10 feet or crush a car. Aside from disease prevention, there really isn't any benefit to either. It can only make things more difficult for others.

This is because you lack vision.
So now those spoiled rich kids who get a 24,000 dollar Gibson and a Marshall MG full stack to sound like Slash can kill us.

I think I'm going to go super sayan.
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
though I could imagine such an expensive process further polarizing the rich and the poor (because of the price and the moral dilemma to super religious types), I decided being completely fireproof and having wings would be awesome and thus, chose genetics.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm all for the Genetic enhancements, unless the doctors go all FOXDIE on me ¬¬
but the problem with Cybernetics, I think, is that you could get 'limb-hacked' and then have your limbs controlled by evil men with radios.
Er...what?

*Goes back to smoking pot and listening to Wu-Tang Clan*
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Neither, IMO. Has anyone else played Deus Ex?

I'd say cybernetics, but not any that are actually part of the body. MJOLNIR-type stuff, you know? That way, when your gadgets get outdated(and you know they will), you're not stuck with them attached to you.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Neither, IMO. Has anyone else played Deus Ex?

Fuck yes.

Admittedly I gave up half-way through Paris because I got bored. Far too long
I watched a video about the human genome project in biology today and one man mentioned that maybe someday people will basically be able to customize their kid using genetic engineering. Which really scares me for the future of sports and academics. You could make your kid an outstanding athlete or a brainiac (or both) and that definitely would not be fair for everyone else

To answer your question, genetically.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I posted a question about cybernetic enhancement in the science thread last week, where you bastards then, huh?

I would have myself converted into an i-950, (Sam Worthington's character in Terminator Salvation)
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Thing is, people who drastically modify (this does not include piercings and tattoos) their bodies on purpose to make themselves something different are shunned. Sex reassignment surgery for a major example... And I don't think I'd go out with a woman who had a nose job purely for cosmetic reasons. The whole thing is weird for me.

One thing I wish I could see though, is if human life moved to two completely different planets, how different the two groups of people would be in 1000000 years.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
One thing I wish I could see though, is if human life moved to two completely different planets, how different the two groups of people would be in 1000000 years.

yeah me too, it's such an interesting thing to speculate about

hell, id like to know what we'd look like in a million years (barring some catastrophe of course)
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

cybernetically because then you can always go back and just remove something if it doesn't work right. There are a lot of possibilities for each but if something goes wrong genetically...

EDIT:

Quote by thelurker
I want jet boobs.

+1

I ( . )( . )

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Last edited by MonkeyLink07 at Oct 26, 2009,
Genetic.

Wait...nanomachines are genetic right?

Either way, I wanna be enhanced with nanomachines, and to be cloned from a cold war era war hero, and to have probably the only badass mullet in history, and to age insanely fast and grow a moustache....

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Genetic.

Wait...nanomachines are genetic right?

Either way, I wanna be enhanced with nanomachines, and to be cloned from a cold war era war hero, and to have probably the only badass mullet in history, and to age insanely fast and grow a moustache....

your answer is in the word, they are machines, being enhanced with nanites is cybernetic
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Page 1 of 2