They are smaller than a 2x12... I think they are known for a bit tighter bass response, but I'm not sure I've never used one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
They're more commonly used for bass amplification, that's what I have for my bass. Sometimes I run my champ through it like a head, and it sounds totally wacky because my 10s are aluminum cones.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Tubey is right, they tend to have a tighter bass response.

That's not to say they're any way lacking in bass, just that it can help tone down some flub in the low end.

They actually have a very nice and deep push in the lower end of the mid spectrum, which can help "punch" a bit more than a 1x12 or 2x12.

That said, the speaker design itself makes a bigger difference than 10" or 12".

I've found that many vintage or vintage voiced low power amps sound great through a well designed closed or even open back 2x10.

What speakers does it have in it?
Quote by Rutch
Tubey is right, they tend to have a tighter bass response.

That's not to say they're any way lacking in bass, just that it can help tone down some flub in the low end.

They actually have a very nice and deep push in the lower end of the mid spectrum, which can help "punch" a bit more than a 1x12 or 2x12.

That said, the speaker design itself makes a bigger difference than 10" or 12".

I've found that many vintage or vintage voiced low power amps sound great through a well designed closed or even open back 2x10.

What speakers does it have in it?

This.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
10's have less low end as they move less air but have faster response times than 12's so the lows are tighter and punchier.

The same can be said to apply for the rest of the sonic spectrum but all I really nitice is a bit more bite in the top end.

All Il say is its different but 10s can be the ideal way to brighten a dark amp a tad or to control a flabby low end.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso