I really want to cancel hum in the middle position on my tele, and I heard that RWRP pickups do just that. I don't know what the acronym stands for, something to do with reverse wound.

I would prefer to keep my pickups the same, but if I have to switch for a whole new set to do this, then so be it. I really love the vintage sound of mine (50s Classic Player's Tele) so if you could recommend some RWRP pickups with an old-school tone, that would be killer.

The cheaper the better, I'm not out to spend a ton on boutique pickups here. I'm in the US so no bareknuckle or anything. Thanks in advance!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
RWRP=reverse wind, reverse polarity

I seen a video on youtube once of a guy with tone rider tele pickups that were pretty sweet sounding
most pickups are rwrp... are you sure yours aren't already?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, first you should understand that in strats, the middle pickup is reverse wound reverse polarity, so that the 2 in-between positions can be hum free. Since Telecasters only have 2 pickups, it wouldn't work quite the same way, and I"m not familiar with this concept even being applied to Telecasters (I could be wrong, obviously). But, if you could find one RWRP pickup and put it in either the neck or the bridge, that would make your middle position hum-free, I'm guessing.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
yeah, i think that's how it works.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, that's how it works. And no, mine are definitely not RWRP. I have a guitar that switches from single coil to humbucker, and there's a noticeable reduction in hum/noise. That doesn't happen with my tele.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
ok doke, as long as you're sure.

just basically decide which pickup you want to replace more, and make sure it's wound in the opposite direction to the one you're keeping, kind of thing. I guess that's what you'd do- anyone else? is there an easier way which doesn't require buying a whole new pickup?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?