Okay well I don't have my guitar yet it's on layaway and I can't get it now, but it's a Jackson JS1 Dinky. The stock strings are pretty old so when I get the guitar I'm going to replace them shortly. What type of strings are durable, easy to bend, and overall good sounding strings? This is for hard rock/metal.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
what guage, daddario (i love my strings - lol)

Around medium I want to play some rhythm guitar so I don't want something to thin, but I also want to bend sometimes so I don't want something too thick.
I use fender bullets, 010. They do stick out of TOM bridges a bit, but they're brilliant strings.
Wow, it seems that only a very small percentage of people on the site know anything about strings...
no, it's just that most strings are very similar and it's really down to personal perference.

i mostly use dean markley blue steels, but i'm about to pickup a set of DR's after work to see how they feel.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I absolutely love Ernie Balls. I use Ernie Balls .10s, and I've tried out various brands, including D'Ardio, DR, and the stock strings on my guitars. I hated the D'ardios, DRs were decent, and the stock strings were shit. I'll always use Ernie Balls.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
The ernie balls i used where good, but i do perfer the feel of the blue steels. They feel more "springy" to me, which i like.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by dsan224
Wow, it seems that only a very small percentage of people on the site know anything about strings...

Few are responding b/c this is mainly a preference type question and floods the boards. People see similar threads all the time. You can easily do a search and find this result. However, my suggestion is to just try out a lot of strings. Strings are cheap
Strings are all personal preference, so everyone knows what they say about strings.
for those of you that know about strings, theyre all made in the same factory and they just get brand names put on them
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
for those of you that know about strings, theyre all made in the same factory and they just get brand names put on them

Not true.

Ernie Ball Slinky's and Elixirs are my favourites.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by dlguitarmaster7

Not all, compare of how GHS strings are and then D'Addarios/