I haven't jammed with my drummer in nearly 3 months. Whenever I talk to him about jamming, he tells me a date one day, then blows me off about it. What pisses me off the most is that he doesn't take it seriously and just laughs it off, when I try to confront him on it. Should I tell him off and find another band to play with, or try to kiss his ass?
Quote by hornet224
Tell him to get lost.

Yeah its what I'm thinking too. I'm just pissed because he was one of the only good drummers in my school. But he is into too much Bubble Gum Punk-Pop shit its not even funny. And he hated all my favorite artists, Jimi Hendrix...RHCP...So maybe its a good thing?
Last edited by schecter ftw at Oct 26, 2009,
Definitly Give him a massive serious telling. question him on his commitment. i had a keys player like that, you need to give them a serious telling man.
Quote by Boomjosh
Definitly Give him a massive serious telling. question him on his commitment. i had a keys player like that, you need to give them a serious telling man.

truth, but keep it from getting to the point of being just insulting, nothing but constructive criticism and blatant honesty. he responds positively and maybe he'll change his ways and be a productive member of your group. he blows it off or elevates the level of aggression, you tell him t go **** himself and kick him in the face.
Quote by schecter ftw
Should I tell him off and find another band to play with, or try to kiss his ass?
Neither.

Telling him off might give you some sort of twisted pleasure, but it really accomplishes nothing. Some day in the future he may be worth being in a band with. If you have some BS lingering because you were rude, that will get in the way. Or he may trash your rep with other musicians. And for what? So you could take a verbal swipe at him?

Why does it take you 3 months to see the obvious? He's lost interest. Fair enough. Shit happens. Don't waste your time on people who aren't worth bothering with. Don't waste your words when it won't improve the situation. Just find other musicians to jam with and move forward. Simple, really.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
words.

yeah, that's kinda what i had in mind too...

...but the real reason i'm making this post is to tell you that's some badass moves you got in your avatar!
Quote by schecter ftw
Yeah its what I'm thinking too. I'm just pissed because he was one of the only good drummers in my school. But he is into too much Bubble Gum Punk-Pop shit its not even funny. And he hated all my favorite artists, Jimi Hendrix...RHCP...So maybe its a good thing?

Would you rather have an awesome drummer who never shows, or a mediocre drummer who shows? I'd go with the latter, because then I've actually got a drummer.
Quote by schecter ftw
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just going start looking for some other musicians to play with around my school. And if my drummer would try to kiss my ass, should I go with it or just blow him off?

Let him kiss your ass and blow you off. Then leave him with nothing but a sticky chin to remember you by.
Quote by schecter ftw
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just going start looking for some other musicians to play with around my school. And if my drummer would try to kiss my ass, should I go with it or just blow him off?
Ass kissing is kinda meaningless. Results are where it's at.

If he wants to start jamming with you again, no reason for you to not try.
But let HIM make the effort of trying to organize each session.
If he establishes a pattern of actually keeping the schedules the two of you set, fine.
Maybe it could eventually work itself into something, Who knows?
Meanwhile you should still be looking for and working with other musicians.
Don't break a schedule you're already made with someone else, to fit his schedule, and vice-versa.
Eventually, you'll end up working with people who actually are willing to put some effort into it. Maybe the drummer you had been working with will be one of them. But who cares, really? Just whatever works.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
SYk, I always considered you as a mod type figure, i'm seeing you now as the down wid it school teacher who gives fresh advice to struggling teens.

I'd talk with him about it, ask him what the deal is. If he refuses, well...it's been said. Find a new drummer or get a drum machine or something.
Quote by severed-metal
SYk, I always considered you as a mod type figure, i'm seeing you now as the down wid it school teacher who gives fresh advice to struggling teens.
Thanks, but Mod? lol. The root word there is Moderate.
Me = extreme. At least in terms of forum behaviour.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Thanks, but Mod? lol. The root word there is Moderate.
Me = extreme. At least in terms of forum behaviour.

An Extreminator? Sounds more badass than most elementary school kids can fathom.

You just may be onto something.