I'm looking to buy one of Gene Simmons' Punisher basses. I tried one a while back and it was a very nice bass, and I'd like to buy one for $1000-1200. I love the clear, fat tone it produces. It felt very nice. I actually thought they were a complete waste of money before I tried one, but my uncle's friend happened to buy one back in 1996 when they were released and he uses it in hi sband, and I didn't even know it. However, he isnt willing to sell it.

Here is an image I found of someone else's

Gene is a shitty bass player.

Why on earth would you want his bass?
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
^because it has a clear, fat tone of course.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by HeadHunter241

That's not what he asked. Watch the spam.

To the TS. Try TB or one of the online auction sites. I've seen at least one of these come up in the SF area Craigslist as well.
i have seen them on ebay before if that helps
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Me thinks you just like the P sound. Tried any P-basses (particularly Deluxe Specials if you like the J pup in the bridge position)?
Quote by HeadHunter241

Gene isn't a "shitty" bass player. He's quiet good in reality. He's just not appreciated by today's generation because he dosen't slap, tap, crackle and pop over odd time sigs and uses a pick.

Anyone actualy listen to some of KISS's basslines they are damn catchy.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by Phil Collins
Gene isn't a "shitty" bass player. He's quiet good in reality. He's just not appreciated by today's generation because he dosen't slap, tap, crackle and pop over odd time sigs and uses a pick.

Anyone actualy listen to some of KISS's basslines they are damn catchy.

I don't care much for KISS or his playing, but he's definitely not a garbage-player, he's capable and proficient.

On topic, I second trying P-bass' or basses with p-pickups, as that seems to be the sound you like out of this bass. (this should be cheaper also)
Last edited by edgeyyz at Oct 26, 2009,
100,000 years, Goin Blind, Detroit Rock City, Let Me Know, Nothin to Lose, Sure Know Something, Strutter, and there are plenty, plenty more.

Anyway, yes, I contemplatd a Fender Deluxe P bass with the P and J pups. But, I also LOVE the style of the Punisher.
Quote by Phil Collins
Please, someone tell me this is "shitty" with a straight face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vdZ_b0l_U&feature=PlayList&p=7589504037669E5E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

I'd pick this over any of the Claypool/Flea non sense.

I really don't understand why everyone hates this man's playing.

i especially like the second part. I think during the first part, he was just mainly trying to pump up the crowd. The second part is really cool though. Everyone seems to hate that video, just check out the comments section. I personally think its more interesting then watching some Claypool or Pastorius wankery.

An even better example I know of- go on Youtube and type "goin blind" in the search box. Click on the first video that comes up. Its them playing one MTV Unplugged. Listen to thatsong and try to tell me that THAT is shitty....people need to stop letting his public persona/image get in the way of things.

Another great example is 100,000 Years off their first album, and who could deny Detroit Rock City?? I could go on, but I'm
tired.
Let's keep this on topic. This is not a discussion about Simmon's playing abilities but where to find the bass, otherwise warnings ARE going to ensue.
Quote by Phil Collins
Please, someone tell me this is "shitty" with a straight face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vdZ_b0l_U&feature=PlayList&p=7589504037669E5E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

I'd pick this over any of the Claypool/Flea non sense.

I really don't understand why everyone hates this man's playing.

For a solo bass piece, it really was shitty.

and Flea nonsense? To compare Flea's solos with Gene's is like comparing an apple with nothing.

TS, I say go for a P-bass, american made is just a bit above your range...
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?