My friend was able to buy an M-Audio Fast Track USB audio interface for pretty cheap not too long ago, around $50 or so (it was discounted for some reason). Anywho, he really likes it and I listened to some recordings he did and they were pretty nice. I wanted to buy one too and I found some for around $70, only to find its no longer there.

So I need some opinions on some USB audio interfaces that don't cost much more than $100. I really would like to start recording soon but since I'm at college my hours at work are limited due to my school work, so I don't have a lot of money to throw around.

Any suggestions?
(I don't care about brands or anything, so long as they're decent/good quality and not too expensive, preferably $100 or less)
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
there's probably 100 threads this week alone on "What's the best/cheapest interface"... geesh... READ
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Line 6 pod studio gx
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Get the Waves PRS GTR interface. It's like $90, but well worth it if you get waves GTR..Best program I have ever used.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Quote by Leper Messiah
Get the Waves PRS GTR interface. It's like $90, but well worth it if you get waves GTR..Best program I have ever used.

That just an active DI box, so you also need an interface with ASIO

I can suggest the E-Mu 0202 USB. Cheap, has 2 Hi-Z input (for guitar), and it has no big pack of useless LE programs, that only adds more cost. I'm going to buy this, if my friend gives back my toroidal transformer to sell it (if he dosen't, I never go for him again, he already annoyed me with those free MMOs).

But the M-Audio is also a good choice.
you can grab something real cheap like a line 6 ux1 or a guitarport, I mean, they're not great devices, but you get the line 6 modeling software with them, and if you have a program that can take vsts, any vst plugins or other modeling programs you can find will work with the ux1 and guitarport (and there are some GOOD modeling programs... I think amplitube and guitar rig 3 are top notch, for computer generated sound)
your friend had it right, for the money, M-Audio has the best interfaces so there's where you start - but now the question is what type of recording will you be doing? Anything with microphones? whether it's open air recording an acoustic guitar or just vocals - also would you ever be recording the same time or jaming with your friend on the interface? you just have to decide how many inputs you want/need - i have the Fast Track Ultra, and it's been amazing never any troubles and just awesome - also m-audio has drivers for all the operating systems, but if you go with something other than M-audio, make sure they have drivers for your Operating System.
Quote by robfalcon501
your friend had it right, for the money, M-Audio has the best interfaces...

thats not my experience... I'd go Line 6 or Edirol or almost ANYTHING other than M-Audio - maybe their HIGH-END stuff works fine but the FastTrack I had was a piece of crap.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!