I searched and found topics on this guitar, but nothing that solidly answered my questions.

So my birthday is coming up and I was thinking of getting a new guitar. After looking around a lot the EC256 has caught my eye in terms of aesthetics.

What I'd like to know from you guys (if you can help ) is what you think of them in terms of quality/reliabilty and how good you think they are within their price range compared to other instruments? (I'm totally open to suggestions)

I literally play all sorts of music, from metal to blues type stuff. Will this be versatile enough?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESP-LTD-EC256-Aged-Vintage-Honey-Burst-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ350251472185QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item518c9d5539

I'm looking at getting this, it seems to be £50 cheaper than anywhere else.. If I've missed anything, or part of my post doesn't make any sense just flame me, it's late and I'm stupid tired :P
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
I was messing around at GC on a ESP pretty close to that and it sounded amazing, but the neck just seemed a bit off to me. Go to a guitar store near you and try one as close to that as possible. Also talk to the seller and ask if he will give you the money back if you arent satisfied.
i never played one, and as much as i love my ESP's I'd prolly say try an Agile +3000 series....
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
i never played one, and as much as i love my ESP's I'd prolly say try an Agile +3000 series....

this.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Righto, I'll try and find a shop near me! I'll also look into the Agile, thanks guys!
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
The EC-256 is a great guitar. Quality is top notch; I was very surprised when I found out it was made in China. It looks great in person as well as on stage, and has a very modern feel to it (if you're into that kind of thing...thin fast neck, jumbo frets). Coil tap is also a great overlooked feature. It adds a lot of versatility, and yes, it will suit what you play.

Comparing it to an Agile AL-3000 (http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000hsb.html), it will mostly come down to the feel. Those things weigh A TON. If you gig often, then it'll be a pain. Bad thing is, you can't really play them before you buy one.

I'd get the EC-256.
Gear
Warmoth Stratocaster
Jackson KE3
ESP LTD EC-256

Bogner Alchemist 2x12
Vox AD30VT

Gator GPT-PWR Pedalboard
MXR CAE MC-404 Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey