http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/msg/1438625714.html This is an ad for an amp, I don't know much about amps at all. Is this a good deal? I'm not sure about the specifics... Is crate a good brand?

Thanks
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Oct 26, 2009,
Both of those are really crappy amps. I suggest the crate though to start out. then save up money and buy a more powerfull (louder) amp when you need it and by that time you should know more about amps.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Quote by Kevguy47
Both of those are really crappy amps. I suggest the crate though to start out. then save up money and buy a more powerfull (louder) amp when you need it and by that time you should know more about amps.

Once I get that I could sell my other amps... And maybe my overdrive pedal. I'm not doing any gigs or anything and I don't plan on needing it to go too loud. I'm not in a band or anything, I'm just not quite satisfied with the sound from my Frontman.

I like playing rock,

mostly 80's Bon Jovi and stuff.

99% rock though
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

For the price, the line6 will give you tones that are similar to what you are looking for. For $100 thats a very good price on that specific line6 amp. Go for it!
Quote by Kevguy47

The Flextone isn't like the Spider series...and TS is just starting out obviously so an extravagant 100watt tube amp isn't necessary. The flextone would be a great amp to get up and going on.
I've personally used that Crate amp. The same model and all, I mean. It's wonderful. I see Line6 amps being used for metal w/ really heavy effects. It only sounds good with music that does not. The Crate, however, can give you great clean, has many effects, their levels can be easily adjusted, and it has two types of distortion - crunchy/sharp solos, and a deeper fuller sound that goes great with Black Sabbath and Cream stuff.
If you could turn into a member of the opposite sex, would you make love to your former body? Think about that.
Quote by paradox_047
I've personally used that Crate amp. The same model and all, I mean. It's wonderful. I see Line6 amps being used for metal w/ really heavy effects. It only sounds good with music that does not. The Crate, however, can give you great clean, has many effects, their levels can be easily adjusted, and it has two types of distortion - crunchy/sharp solos, and a deeper fuller sound that goes great with Black Sabbath and Cream stuff.

Wow the crowd is pretty split... Keep in mind I have the distortion pedal...

Also I don't play clean too much, I play solos and stuff,

Ive got a crate 15r ... the successor to that amp. The cleans are really good but the distortion is bad... However since you have a distortion pedal you might be able to get some sounds.

That flextone is a really good price assuming thats theres nothing wrong with it. You wouldn't feel the need to upgrade as fast with the flextone as the crate.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Is this even a competition lol, the flextone is much better than the crate.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
The guy just called me, He said that there is something wrong with the power button is all. It's like stuck or something so you just have to plug it in to turn it on... Other than that it's great. So I just decided to go for it because it sounds good. I get to play it before commiting to it too so there's no losing. Also I told him I was looking for some recording gear so he threw in a 4 track cassette recorder thats just collecting dust.

So what do you think Line 6 Flextone II 60 watt plus recording gear, pretty good for $100 bucks?

Alright now that thats decided, how much should I sell my stuff for on Craigslist?
I have...

A Fender Frontman 15 watt Reverberation Amplifier (Great condition, not a scratch not a ding, absolutely nothing wrong with it)

Fender SP-10 amp same condition as above

Digitech metal master distortion pedal (AMAZING condition, could pass for new, Still has the box in perfect condition, the pedal is in perfect condition, both manuals and it's just perfect) I've only played it like three times. They're $89.99 new...

Thanks!

I really appreciate it,

Colton

Quote by gregs1020
Frontman 15 - $50
SP-10 - maybe $20
Digitech pedal - $50

That's if you are lucky.

Seems right to me...
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Alright well I'll list my stuff and see if I can pay for the amp like that... It'd be great if I made money by getting this amp instead! haha

Quote by fly135
The Line 6 will probably be gone by the time you get the money.

I've got plenty of money to pay for it I was just saying that I hope it'll pay for it with the stuff i'm gonna sell AFTER I already buy it. I've got $100 cash and we have a time set up tomorrow.

Quote by colt34
I've got plenty of money to pay for it I was just saying that I hope it'll pay for it with the stuff i'm gonna sell AFTER I already buy it. I've got $100 cash and we have a time set up tomorrow.

Good man, that's a great amp. I have a hand-built $2000 amp and frankly I'm jealous - the Flextone is a brilliant piece of kit. I really must pick one up myself when i can afford it.
You HAVE to post a NAD (New Amp Day) when you get it. With pictures and clips, since you're getting recording gear with it.

Just saved all of us the "this thread is worthless without pics" guys. You're welcome.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Kevguy47

Man that is some really bad advice there.

Louder is not always better.

The Flextone is a good amp, and an excellent practice amp for beginners and lower intermediate players.

The Crate cannot even compare to the Flextone.

Granted that the Flextone is by no means a Vetta, but it's miles better than a Spider or a Crate Flexwave. For someone starting to find their tone ear... it's an excellent amp to start off with messing with the various amp voicing.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by LaidBack
You HAVE to post a NAD (New Amp Day) when you get it. With pictures and clips, since you're getting recording gear with it.

Just saved all of us the "this thread is worthless without pics" guys. You're welcome.

of course! How would I get audio from a cassette to my computer though?

Id imagine that you could get the on/off fixed relatively cheaply ... if you really wanted too.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by colt34
The guy just called me, He said that there is something wrong with the power button is all. It's like stuck or something so you just have to plug it in to turn it on... Other than that it's great. So I just decided to go for it because it sounds good. I get to play it before commiting to it too so there's no losing. Also I told him I was looking for some recording gear so he threw in a 4 track cassette recorder thats just collecting dust.

So what do you think Line 6 Flextone II 60 watt plus recording gear, pretty good for $100 bucks?

damn good deal. as i was reading through the thread (i stopped when i reached this post), i was thinking that unless you absolutely could not spend the extra $50, the flextone was heads and shoulders the better deal.
Quote by colt34
of course! How would I get audio from a cassette to my computer though?

depending on the 4-track (if that's what you want to use to get your recording in the first place), you might have to go guerilla style, micing your playback speaker, but many recording devices have usb outs these days.
good thing you chose the flextone i got mine yesterday and love it
it does bon jovi great too(y) haha
it only takes a tiny bit of fiddling to get your perfect tone but when you do its suprisingly good for the price i should really do a new amp day then:P
Quote by GrisKy
depending on the 4-track (if that's what you want to use to get your recording in the first place), you might have to go guerilla style, micing your playback speaker, but many recording devices have usb outs these days.

I'm not sure what it is, or how old it is. It's just I'm using my phone to record things right now. Its one of the really old chocolates and the recordings suck. I just wanted something real to record with and to listen to. I'll get some digital stuff later on.

Also I've been looking for a good deal on an amp forever. Right around $100 bucks is what I wanted too. I got pretty much exactly what I was picturing! I pick it up in a few hours.

Last edited by colt34 at Oct 27, 2009,
Got my Frontman and my pedal sold... $60 bucks for both to a friend. Gave him a good deal. I don't really mind though, I got the amp for $10 and the pedal was thrown in for free with my Yamaha.

So I just gotta list the SP-10 and see if it'll sell

Going good so far!!!

Quote by Kevguy47

Wow and you know nothing.... especially since you called them both crappy and then you're recommending the Crate ...

If that flextone was in my area I would have grabbed it before you could even take the time to make this thread. That's a steal. Get the button fixed and you got a kickass amp on the cheap.

So don't listen to this guy. The flextone has gobs of versatility compared to that crate and is an excellent amp to help find your "sound"

I'm effin jealous now. I want one of these bad. And what a great deal. Do it bro!